2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue isn't sitting in, it's finding a way to keep the ball and release it at the right time.

We invite countless pressure in the last few games based on giving the ball away. Front 3 lose the ball too easily, midfield launch the ball too quickly. Don't have a hold up player up top either. Just invited waves of attacks.
We have had a glitch which we have to expect. Dom is coming back and Garner has now been used.
These players have had a few games together and tonight against mediocre opposition we were right off form. They will get better.

Will be more foaming at the bit in the next 2 weeks....

Spurs and Barcodes away.
Why though? Is the manager not capable of getting two points plus from those two games? I see no reason why we cannot get two to four points from those matches. No reason at all.

We have had a glitch which we have to expect. Dom is coming back and Garner has now been used.
These players have had a few games together and tonight against mediocre opposition we were right off form. They will get better.

United are mediocre opposition yet will finish comfortably in the top 6 and have a very good chance of top 4.

Totally agree mate, we need to compete for every single point.

Two fixtures we lost last badly season, we have to aim to reverse that even by picking up a point in each.
Precisely. It's amazing how quick people are to write off games against moderate opposition. I mean, are we on the up or not? I tend to think we are improving slowly - but definitely improving. These are great tests of that improvement. And come rich with possibility to demonstrate tangible improvement. Any team can have a bad night or result like we did tonight. But if we are all of a sudden going to write off the Spurs AND Newcastle games, well, this "improvement" isn't going to cut it.

Precisely. It's amazing how quick people are to write off games against moderate opposition. I mean, are we on the up or not? I tend to think we are improving slowly - but definitely improving. These are great tests of that improvement. And come rich with possibility to demonstrate tangible improvement. Any team can have a bad night or result like we did tonight. But if we are all of a sudden going to write off the Spurs AND Newcastle games, well, this "improvement" isn't going to cut it.

Agreed mate, the whole idea is to compete. We should relish every fixture as a challenge, I’m really disappointed not to get a point tonight. Utd have better players, but there was a point going there tonight and they had flaky confidence.

But we absolutely should be looking forward to Newcastle and Spurs, we should be competitive for points, away draws in particular are enabling, away wins rocket fuel.

Thought we were too deep and reluctant to press today. Was surprised he didn’t make changes at half time. McNeil at least pressed and won the ball back.
Also can’t believe when Dom came up he played on the left of a front 2 with Maupay/Rondon on the right which paired him with Lindelof instead of giving the dwarf centre back Martinez a hard time. Baffling.

So different rules for Frank to Koeman and Silva?

So many were hounding out Silva after a few games.

I’ve said it before, Lampard has this strange cult following on here and it scares me.
Silva and Koeman took over at the beginning of a season. And were sacked for being bottom 3.

I dont understand your point. I'm not sure you actually have a point though.

We cant pass the ball round at the back. I thought FL had learned that lesson last season.

We need to be honest with ourselves about this team. It's better at the back from balls launched into our box than last season, but it's still a very poor team technically speaking.

I dont want to see us trying to get on the ball against teams with quality like that lot....and bear in mind United are on the outer edge of the elite.

We cant pass the ball round at the back. I thought FL had learned that lesson last season.

We need to be honest with oirselves about this team. It's better at the back from balls launched into it, but it's still a very poor team technically speaking.

I dont want to see us trying to get on the ball against teams with quality like that lot....and bear in mind United are on the outer edge of the elite.
You would rather we pinged it up field to 5 foot 2 Maupay?

Status
Not open for further replies.