2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
And then Frank's point total to date starts to look iffy. That's always been the issue: he has to get to the November World Cup break in decent nick. I see enough hopeful signs in what we've seen to date, but I refuse to just write off, say, Spurs and Newcastle as "expected defeats". There are points to be won in those matches.
I am not turning on Frank. We are short on quality in attacking areas. Hopefully we can nick a couple of wins before the break and bring in another attacking player

I'd love us to but they have Casemiro (granted, he lost the ball for our goal) and Martinez. Both are ball players who can break presses.

I do think we shouldn't be letting De Gea play it short though, especially when Martial was on. He ain't good with his feet and they ain't big up top so we should be winning first balls.

I don't think we should be sitting in full stop but there is a place and time to press. Which is why pressing triggers exist.

Thats a different game with a match fit Calvert-Lewin, and I think we're really gonna benefit if we see that.
The problem is not high press, the problem is lack of team press. The front 4 must close down at the same time. the midfield need to push higher and prepare to sweep any 50/50. Our recovery stats today were poor, that explains a lot. I have not seen a good performance under Lampard when we sit deep.

Had a quick look at what Man Utd fans think of Lampard after that game. This post over there resonated with me:

His tactics were pretty reminiscent of Big Sam and Sean Dyche there minus any of the defensive grit. Subs in all his tall guys to lump the ball into. There doesn’t seem to be any coherent team, plan or formation after a substantial period as their manager. Don’t see him surviving at Everton and ultimately as a PL manager for much longer.

Good interview. Wasn't happy at all with that 1st half and rightly so.

A work in progress we are and tonight is certainly a blip as it would have been fantastic to get into the top 10.

I think we could see Garner given a start next week.
We’re not still a work in progress though are we? It’s October, in his second season.

Good interview? I see this a lot. “He won the interview! Woohoo!”

This club needs better than a failed Derby County manager. Seriously, why does this bloke have such a spell over some of you?

Really bad performance.

Perfect start, crowd bouncing + we just sit back + give them space/time to control the game.

This down to players/mgr/both?

We’re not still a work in progress though are we? It’s October, in his second season.

This club needs better than a failed Derby County manager. Seriously, why does this bloke have such a spell over some of you?
A team that nearly got relegated last season and lost one of their key players in the summer can’t be described as anything else than a work in progress. This will take numerous seasons to fix and will be a slow process.

Also, it’s his second season but he joined in January so he hasn’t managed a full season’s worth of games yet.

I don’t think Frank can take too much of the blame for that.

I don’t think he was going out telling our players to lose the ball in the midfield through a lack of concentration. On another day both goals were avoidable and we would have got something from that game
He could have made changes much, much sooner.

Really bad performance.

Perfect start, crowd bouncing + we just sit back + give them space/time to control the game.

This down to players/mgr/both?

Players can't pass 5 yards playing against a more intelligent opposition and let them play.

We looked like the away side bar the last 20mins and gave away 2 awful goals filled with individual mistakes.

Need Dom back as I think it changes a lot.

Had a quick look at what Man Utd fans think of Lampard after that game. This post over there resonated with me:

His tactics were pretty reminiscent of Big Sam and Sean Dyche there minus any of the defensive grit. Subs in all his tall guys to lump the ball into. There doesn’t seem to be any coherent team, plan or formation after a substantial period as their manager. Don’t see him surviving at Everton and ultimately as a PL manager for much longer.
Can’t argue much with that

Looked like Stoke tactics last 20 mins

Hey mate, you got beat again and your crap right back got dragged off at half time. Goodnight god bless x

He took over in February. Hes been here 8 months.

How is 8 months 2 seasons. Do the math please

At least he doesn't play one of the best players in the world out of position to suit the new Andy Carroll

Status
Not open for further replies.