2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure how you assess potential in managers.
Silva has always been highly regarded in the wider football community , had enjoyed notable success before he became our manager and has since performed impressively at Fulham.
Lampard remains less proven with a patchy record up to this point.
I like way Lampard wants to play football, but he will face the same problems and limitations here that Silva had to contend with.
Right now I would still prefer Silva over Lampard.
I would like to think my opinion will be altered or at least been moderated by the season end.
Fair enough. I think Frank has more charisma. He managed to mobilise the fanbase in a way that I don’t think Silva could.

Time will tell though I suppose.

When he arrived the club was in 16th position 4 points above the relegation zone. When the season ended the club were in 16th position 4 points above the relegation zone.
This is an unfair way to present his performance.
When he arrived our form was abysmal and our projected trajectory was solidly downward.
He was able to apply brakes to that downward trend and stabilise us enough to survive, if barely.
I think the idea that any manager could have done much better in the circumstances is questionable.

I am not sure how you assess potential in managers.
Silva has always been highly regarded in the wider football community , had enjoyed notable success before he became our manager and has since performed impressively at Fulham.
Lampard remains less proven with a patchy record up to this point.
I like way Lampard wants to play football, but he will face the same problems and limitations here that Silva had to contend with.
Right now I would still prefer Silva over Lampard.
I would like to think my opinion will be altered or at least been moderated by the season end.

the team silva has to now….

and silva as much as i liked him we was sinking

I think the idea that any manager could have done much better in the circumstances is questionable.
Compare his performance to that of Eddie Howe at Newcastle for instance, they were joint bottom (with Norwich) of the league with 5 points when he arrived, they finished 11th with 49 points and 14 points clear of the relegation zone. It's time to face up to the fact that Frank is not a manager who is going to make this situation work.

All true, but only part of the story.

When he arrived we hadn’t won a game for months. We were in disarray and the match atmosphere was toxic.

Frank got the fans on side and managed to get us winning again.
It's fine if you don't want to be realistic and face the reality, that of course is your prerogative just as it is that of Moshiri.

Fair enough. I think Frank has more charisma. He managed to mobilise the fanbase in a way that I don’t think Silva could.

Time will tell though I suppose.
Wouldn’t argue with the charisma comment , especially in the situation we were placed in , it was an advantage .
A high performing manager who has charisma is a bonus.
A high perfuming manager with no charisma can still be successful.
A charismatic manager who performs poorly can quickly become a liability.

Compare his performance to that of Eddie Howe at Newcastle for instance, they were joint bottom (with Norwich) of the league with 5 points when he arrived, they finished 11th with 49 points and 14 points clear of the relegation zone. It's time to face up to the fact that Frank is not a manager who is going to make this situation work.
Howe did well , eventually. He was also the beneficiary of some well judged and delivered transfer activity.
Lampard was not as well supported in the transfer market partly due to the tardiness of our appointment time wise.
Both managers still have much to prove this season.
Bottom line remains for me that if it hadn’t of been Lampard it would have been Peraira or Rooney and in my opinion we would now be in the championship.

Howe did well , eventually. He was also the beneficiary of some well judged and delivered transfer activity.
Lampard was not as well supported in the transfer market partly due to the tardiness of our appointment time wise.
Both managers still have much to prove this season.
Bottom line remains for me that if it hadn’t of been Lampard it would have been Peraira or Rooney and in my opinion we would now be in the championship.

yup ;)

When we're languishing in the relegation zone over the break for the World Cup you can come back and keep trying to convince everyone he's a good manager and right for the job.

When we're languishing in the relegation zone over the break for the World Cup you can come back and keep trying to convince everyone he's a good manager and right for the job.
I assume you would have appointed Peraira or Rooney?
I don’t know if ultimately he will be the right manager for us or our situation , time will tell as with any appointment.
But he remains the best on the shortlist at the time.
No-one else was interested enough to apply.

Completely incomparable as has been discussed many times.

I've pointed out the howe at newcastle situation a few times. It took him 9 games and 100m in a transfer window to turn it round. But he was hired when they had enough time to allow him to do that. But there was no new manager bounce and it took time.

We hesitated on sacking our previous manager and allowed him to sell one of our best players 2 days before we did. Also leaving zero time for lampard to make any moves in the transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.