2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham were the bookies favourites to win that league. By quite a short price aswell.
And Lampard had the help of Chelski backing him with preferential loans of young players.
Derby were not rank outsiders for promotion either.
Ultimately Derby failed and Fulham succeeded , with some swagger as well.
Like I say, it will be interesting to compare them this season

Acting devils advocate here but Silva has done far better at Championship level than Lampard did.
It will be interesting to compare their performances side by side in the PL this coming season.
Agree up to a point mate, as we know he didn't have a pot to piss in at Derby and did okay on a shoestring budget, Silva had plenty of backing last season and did well tbf.
It will be interesting to see how Silva does and I wish him well tbh always thought he was a decent guy but we're going to struggle from the off and I lay that problem fairly and squarely at the boardroom door so I won't be making a comparison in that respect.

And Lampard had the help of Chelski backing him with preferential loans of young players.
Derby were not rank outsiders for promotion either.
Ultimately Derby failed and Fulham succeeded , with some swagger as well.
Like I say, it will be interesting to compare them this season

He took over a very ageing squad and brought in two chelsea loan players in mount and tomori. I wouldnt say he had anywhere near the squad that silva had at fulham. But fair play to silva.

Agree up to a point mate, as we know he didn't have a pot to piss in at Derby and did okay on a shoestring budget, Silva had plenty of backing last season and did well tbf.
It will be interesting to see how Silva does and I wish him well tbh always thought he was a decent guy but we're going to struggle from the off and I lay that problem fairly and squarely at the boardroom door so I won't be making a comparison in that respect.
Lampard had Abraham, Mount, and a couple of others at Derby and lost the playoff

Lampard has far less experience, but probably more potential than Silva.

Silva was an honourable man. The team was in free fall, some of it was his fault, but perhaps more of it was due to Morshiri.

His meddling has been disastrous.
I am not sure how you assess potential in managers.
Silva has always been highly regarded in the wider football community , had enjoyed notable success before he became our manager and has since performed impressively at Fulham.
Lampard remains less proven with a patchy record up to this point.
I like way Lampard wants to play football, but he will face the same problems and limitations here that Silva had to contend with.
Right now I would still prefer Silva over Lampard.
I would like to think my opinion will be altered or at least been moderated by the season end.

When he arrived the club was in 16th position 4 points above the relegation zone. When the season ended the club were in 16th position 4 points above the relegation zone.
All true, but only part of the story.

When he arrived we hadn’t won a game for months. We were in disarray and the match atmosphere was toxic.

Frank got the fans on side and managed to get us winning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.