2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He called them out last season in the run in. He’s calling them out again.

He knows what he’s got to work with, it’s the dross he inherited after years of the club being run like a circus.
Calling them out is great for fans because we go 'finally someone's calling them [Poor language removed] like us' but that's not management. Eventually if these lads can't play the way Lampard wants, he will lose the room. Complete opposite to Carlos style of management, who played to players strengths, got them playing for national teams etc. Lampard is hanging Keane out to dry with every high line he plays.

I never wanted Silva sacked but he was hounded out and was far better in showing a style of play, improving players etc. I'd take a good few managers over Lampard. Dyche, Howe, Moyes, I'd even take Allardyce. I don't think they're amazing managers but I really don't rate Lampard
So out of managers who were available at the time we hired lampard, who would you have hired?

Dyche was at Burnley, howe was at newcastle, moyes at West Ham. Only allardyce was "free" and we all know that his "free" isn't free.

Lampard was available. He came in, got us safe, got the fans and players united again. Don't blame him for the boards failures in regards to not backing him and selling our best player.

Did we think we were world beaters when we won a pre season game 22 nil? Means nothing.

We lost 2 nil to a team that has strengthened, had more match fitness and last season finished 12 places higher than us only a few days earlier. What are you reading into that?
I just don't think we're as bad as we've been playing. Rafael destroyed confidence, yes. Lampard hasn't renewed that confidence.

Calling them out is great for fans because we go 'finally someone's calling them [Poor language removed] like us' but that's not management. Eventually if these lads can't play the way Lampard wants, he will lose the room. Complete opposite to Carlos style of management, who played to players strengths, got them playing for national teams etc. Lampard is hanging Keane out to dry with every high line he plays.
Did you not watch last season? He stopped playing the high line and changed his whole football ethos because the players couldn't do it. He did that to make sure we got results to get safe.

I bet if he does that agon, you get on his back for playing defensive football.

He is working with them in pre season to try to coach them into how he wants to play. That's kind of the point of pre season.

Last edited:

I never wanted Silva sacked but he was hounded out and was far better in showing a style of play, improving players etc. I'd take a good few managers over Lampard. Dyche, Howe, Moyes, I'd even take Allardyce. I don't think they're amazing managers but I really don't rate Lampard
Dyche? Bit obsessed with him Ste, we get it after all your posts you don't like Lampard no matter the arguments in his favour, you fawn over Dyche no matter the arguments against him, move on mate you're going to make yourself ill.

At the moment it's the wrost squad I can remember. We still have a month in the transfer window but Lampard will need to go back on his desires on how the team plays.

Dyche? Bit obsessed with him Ste, we get it after all your posts you don't like Lampard no matter the arguments in his favour, you fawn over Dyche no matter the arguments against him, move on mate you're going to make yourself ill.
Here is a post of his in 2018.
Maybe needs to have a think about all the blame he places on lampard and think about the 'truth' he spoke about then.

Just for a laugh, there is another post by him underneath.

Screenshot_20220723-145310_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220723-145317_Samsung Internet.jpg

But Silva is a better manager than Lampard.
But again, interference from above had a big impact. And the pursuit of him by moshiri was embarrassing and only set him up to fail. He had a mishmash squad of crap players. Same way we do now.

Lampard may not be a great manager yet, noone is saying he is, and we will likely go on a bad run with him at some point. But, he earnt a chance this season with us after keeping us up, but he also needs some backing by the board with transfers, or he will also fail.

You can make as many excuses as you like lol

It doesn’t alter the fact that our squad got absolutely tanked 4-0 by the equivalent of a championship side.
But he's not making excuses he gave you reasons, I wouldn't have cared if we'd been beaten 10-0 it's a pre season game they're used as a learning tool and to improve fitness of which the American side were way ahead of us, let's start worrying when the league games start and we're getting beat,at the moment it's all unnecessary.

Last edited:
We went to America, conceded 6, scored none, and our manager is talking about desire. These are professional footballers, it's your job to make them want to play. Play to a style that suits them because they obviously don't understand what they're meant to be doing in this one

Thing that worries me about Lampard is throwing the players under the bus wears thin.

It was a feral Goodison that lifted the team in the run in.

Here is a post of his in 2018.
Maybe needs to have a think about all the blame he places on lampard and think about the 'truth' he spoke about then.

Just for a laugh, there is another post by him underneath.

View attachment 174687
View attachment 174688
?? ' manager after manager WE keep blaming'....... essentially only one guy blaming the manager now, hypocrisy at its best.

Status
Not open for further replies.