2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine if you don't want to be realistic and face the reality, that of course is your prerogative just as it is that of Moshiri.
Benitez got 19 points in 19 games.

Lampard got 20 points in 19 games, so in that sense, very similar records.

I think the feel around the club was better under Lampard. I think he showed more flexibility than Benitez.

Coming in mid season and lifting us out of that slump was difficult. He came in with half the team out injured. For that I think he deserves credit. He is still learning his trade. He will make mistakes, but I think he has earned the right to continue.

Some people on here will protect Frank no matter how bad things get, just remember when relegation is looming that all the warning signs were there clear as day.
Ah, so rather than comment on the information given, just make a sweeping statement again.

Noone is saying it will be plain sailing or that he will have us comfortably safe, most, myself included, expect it to be a tricky season. But he has shown he is adaptable, he stopped the slide and kept us up.

He needs backed on transfers now, or he will most definitely fail with this squad which is weaker than it was last season as we have less depth now (with several players being released who while being poor, or regularly injured, still offered us some depth when fit) and sold the main contributor of goals.

Well he starts with a blank canvas this season, no hiding place.
But again, it's not his squad, not his players. I would expect him to do better than 20 points in 18 having had a pre season, but he has lost richarlison and the only player in is a free. He has spent less than even benitez got to spend.

Moshiri and the board have a lot to answer for before we even get to lampard.

Some people on here will protect Frank no matter how bad things get, just remember when relegation is looming that all the warning signs were there clear as day.
The fans picked him ultimately - we were going for Periera then Moshiri backed down to protests and graffiti - so fans are going to stick to their guns with Lampard rather than admit they got it wrong (if it comes to that) - I reckon personally Moshiri can't wait to pull the trigger on him so he can use it as an opportunity to say "see... what do fans know about football" and never listen to us again

Benitez got 19 points in 19 games.

Lampard got 20 points in 19 games, so in that sense, very similar records.

I think the feel around the club was better under Lampard. I think he showed more flexibility than Benitez.

Coming in mid season and lifting us out of that slump was difficult. He came in with half the team out injured. For that I think he deserves credit. He is still learning his trade. He will make mistakes, but I think he has earned the right to continue.

Benitez had a purple patch right at the start of the season but was on a horrendous run when he got sacked. I don’t believe we would have got those 20 points if we did not sack him

Maybe, he’s just had arguably his best player taken out the first team and as yet not being backed, it’s not going to be an easy job.

I would like to see him make a pragmatic approach, trying to get this team to play free flowing fluid football would be suicide

The fans picked him ultimately - we were going for Periera then Moshiri backed down to protests and graffiti - so fans are going to stick to their guns with Lampard rather than admit they got it wrong (if it comes to that) - I reckon personally Moshiri can't wait to pull the trigger on him so he can use it as an opportunity to say "see... what do fans know about football" and never listen to us again

I dont see that. Not really reading any comments saying he's the right person. What i am reading is people saying you could more or less replace this manager right now with someone else and nothing will change. Different manager has same problems. An atrocious squad landed on them with the chance to change it slim to none.

If he is allowed to bring in at least 3 players of his own choice then he can be judged at the end of the season.
If not he can't be blamed if a bunch players that have underperformed for several managers bottle it again.
I would not be against selling any of the current squad if it frees up funds for Lampard to change the squad.
I would stick with Lampard unless we get to a stage in the season when we dropping into a position where relegation becomes a real threat.
One thing for sure what happened at the end of last season will not happen again as the fans kept us up but that sort of passion will turn to anger this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.