2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I backed Benitez because if he succeeded so did Everton.

Same way I back Frankel even though I do have some reservations I hope he smashes it here and gets us into europe or a cup final.

I do believe though that the OTT support for Lampard from a section of the fanbase is down to guilt felt by many in how they never gave the former manager a chance from the start which did ultimately play its part in how the season unfolded.

Some wont admit it publically on the forum but I do think there is an element of overcompensating for their previous lack of support.
Away and read up on managing change in the workplace.

Benitez was literally a case study of how not to do it, his personality and style in that situation was always going to end up alienating players and losing the group….plenty saw it coming and it turned out to be the case. He’d have taken us down 100% and it was all his own making.

Managers like him never accept any responsibility for something not working, it’s always someone else’s fault. Even in his interviews recently, he doesn’t have the insight to reflect that he managed change at the club very badly. Pigheaded fool.

I backed Benitez because if he succeeded so did Everton.

Same way I back Frankel even though I do have some reservations I hope he smashes it here and gets us into europe or a cup final.

I do believe though that the OTT support for Lampard from a section of the fanbase is down to guilt felt by many in how they never gave the former manager a chance from the start which did ultimately play its part in how the season unfolded.

Some wont admit it publically on the forum but I do think there is an element of overcompensating for their previous lack of support.
This feels futile as you seem adamant dredging up the hasbeen. but the Benitez reign didn't falter due to insufficient fan backing it was a product of arrogance , entitlement and inept tactics. If you want reminisce about the magical times under his tenure theres a thread. He was coaching in china before we recruited him whatever proficiencies he once held have dissolved.

The support for Frank was not a result of guilt which is a staggering theory by the way wow! but is due to the fact even though he initially struggled ,he engaged with the fans ,voiced a genuine appreciation for the club and was generally candid about his failures, where Benitez would deflect and cast his woes on others.

Last edited:
100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).
You really are a whopper.

I actually think the FSW could not complain how he was received by the supporters, whilst of course people were never in raptures about his appointment, he was definitely cut a hell of a lot of slack to get on with the job even after the debacles against Watford and the RS,the first real signs I saw that he was "losing"the fans was at Hull in the cup, although we won that day it really was only a matter of time, he would have taken us down, whoever came in after him would have been a breath of fresh air, thankfully I think Lampard was the right choice at this time for us,time will tell, but its nice to be able to talk freely to other blues about our boss again as under the previous incumbent we never really wanted to even mention his name lol

The trial has begun within the Ale House my dear friend
download (3).jpg

100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).

Bad enough the Kopite media peddling this 16th to 16th narrative

This feels futile as you seem adamant dredging up the hasbeen. but the Benitez reign didn't falter due to insufficient fan backing it was a product of arrogance , entitlement and inept tactics. If you want reminisce about the magical times under his tenure theres a thread. He was coaching in china before we recruited him whatever proficiencies he once held have dissolved.

The support for Frank was not a result of guilt which is a staggering theory by the way wow! but is due to the fact even though he initially struggled ,he engaged with the fans ,voiced a genuine appreciation for the club and was generally candid about his failures, where Benitez would deflect and cast his woes on others.
Yep, Lampard got a bunch of struggling players to at least work together and fight as team. Something which a dour Benitez could not deliver. It does seem an ingrained trait of his was to always blame anybody but himself. The Digne episode sums him up.

Status
Not open for further replies.