2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop calling him Tory Frank. There’s no richer game in the entire world than football. It takes wealth from fans all over the world and puts into the hands of a small group of players owners and agents. Aside from a few, most of them do nothing for their local communities (a grotesque expanded Anfield in amongst roads left to ruin is a prime example of this).

It’s probably the most Tory sport in the world so I really don’t know why people think our manager is any different to any other multi millionaire football manager just because he played for Chelsea
I use it as a way of defusing my mates use of him being a tory as an insult. If I'm constantly calling him Tory Frank then they can't use it.

It's just a joke.

The man is more important than his politics. I'm not particularly arsed about that side of Lampard.

Can people stop calling him Tory Frank. There’s no richer game in the entire world than football. It takes wealth from fans all over the world and puts into the hands of a small group of players owners and agents. Aside from a few, most of them do nothing for their local communities (a grotesque expanded Anfield in amongst roads left to ruin is a prime example of this).

It’s probably the most Tory sport in the world so I really don’t know why people think our manager is any different to any other multi millionaire football manager just because he played for Chelsea
His name is Frank and he’s a self confessed Tory, I don’t see the problem.
In any case if the team aren’t showing significant improvement by January he is likely to receive far more pejorative epithets than’Tory’, (well almost).

In any case if the team aren’t showing significant improvement by January he is likely to receive far more pejorative epithets than’Tory’, (well almost).

Isn’t this the problem? ‘Thanks for keeping us up Frank but if you’ve not turned around 5 years of dross by January then here’s some abuse’

A lot of my mates are “former” tories. They then spent time with us lefties in a lefty area and have come over from the dark side
I reckon a few years of Everton and it’s fan base could see frank lean more and more left

A lot of my mates are “former” tories. They then spent time with us lefties in a lefty area and have come over from the dark side
I reckon a few years of Everton and it’s fan base could see frank lean more and more left
Ultimately, he doesn't parade his political orientations on the field/dugout while representing Everton, so who is arsed exactly?

You realise where you are right?

I don't know if people realise this, but millions of voters aren't diehard followers of a single party. I know people who vote for one party in General Elections, maybe another party in the Welsh Senedd elections, and for the person rather than the party in local elections. Then of course there are people who vote for different parties in successive general elections as the political situation changes.

You don’t want adrenaline, this is Edgar Poe reference
Adrenaline features as one of the drugs banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
There has been considerable interest expressed in the use of drugs by athletes to improve performance. As the physiological secretion of adrenaline into the bloodstream in response to stress, fright or physical exercise undeniably affects performance, it is not surprising that a number of categories of drugs that are used by some athletes to alter performance have their effects on the adrenergic system.

β2-Adrenoceptor agonists are used therapeutically for the treatment of asthma and exercise-induced asthma owing to their potent bronchodilator activity. However, the use of β2-AR agonists by athletes is prohibited under the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) World Anti-Doping Code, with the exception of formoterol, salbutamol, salmeterol and terbutaline, when administered by inhalation if the athlete has been granted a therapeutic use exemption (The World Anti-Doping Code—The 2008 Prohibited List International Standard). Actions and potential actions of β-agonists that could lead to the enhancement of performance in sport include bronchodilation, anabolic and anti-inflammatory actions.

Adrenaline features as one of the drugs banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA).
There has been considerable interest expressed in the use of drugs by athletes to improve performance. As the physiological secretion of adrenaline into the bloodstream in response to stress, fright or physical exercise undeniably affects performance, it is not surprising that a number of categories of drugs that are used by some athletes to alter performance have their effects on the adrenergic system.

β2-Adrenoceptor agonists are used therapeutically for the treatment of asthma and exercise-induced asthma owing to their potent bronchodilator activity. However, the use of β2-AR agonists by athletes is prohibited under the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) World Anti-Doping Code, with the exception of formoterol, salbutamol, salmeterol and terbutaline, when administered by inhalation if the athlete has been granted a therapeutic use exemption (The World Anti-Doping Code—The 2008 Prohibited List International Standard). Actions and potential actions of β-agonists that could lead to the enhancement of performance in sport include bronchodilation, anabolic and anti-inflammatory actions.
Tyler Hamilton’s book lifted the lid on doping, as did Robert Millar. Operacion Peurto showed that a number of high profile football and tennis stars were frequent visitors to doc Fuentes. But only the cycling community were prosecuted.

Tyler Hamilton’s book lifted the lid on doping, as did Robert Millar. Operacion Peurto showed that a number of high profile football and tennis stars were frequent visitors to doc Fuentes. But only the cycling community were prosecuted.
I think they're all on it. I think it's a case of it being one of those things that will never be openly accepted because it will turn professional sport into a farce like wrestling but everyone knows its going on.

Anti-doping agencies ban a new round of "medications" and then professional doctors go and find every loop hole possible to skirt around. That's how loads of professional cyclists can have "exercise induced" asthma.

Status
Not open for further replies.