2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is simple - whoever followed on from Ancelotti was doomed from the start because he was worshipped, even a neutral manager would have been up against it never mind an Ex LFC manager.

Likewise whoever followed on from Benitez was always going to be hero worshipped and supported especially if they were "young and progressive" which is what our fans have been calling out for since Silva left.

When you've got fans putting threatening banners up outside a blokes house before he's even taken the job it was always a mountain to climb with a squad like ours.

He came in and went about instantly destroying from the inside. He then couldn't deal with it on the pitch.

Lampard going from 16th to 16th but yet amassed more points over a shorter period and changed systems in order to get results on a depleted, weary, unbalanced, disfunctional side.

If Benitez was still in charge you would've had someone who wouldn't have changed his approach through the whole season, blame everyone else, and was on course to settle a January window spending £30million on 2 fullbacks and a winger on loan. There were zero positives.

You have zero idea of what a future would bring that were positive under Benitez apart from destruction and zero unity. The feller was going into press conferences causing fights with players ffs.

The way I see it is simple - whoever followed on from Ancelotti was doomed from the start because he was worshipped, even a neutral manager would have been up against it never mind an Ex LFC manager.

Likewise whoever followed on from Benitez was always going to be hero worshipped and supported especially if they were "young and progressive" which is what our fans have been calling out for since Silva left.

When you've got fans putting threatening banners up outside a blokes house before he's even taken the job it was always a mountain to climb with a squad like ours.
Points per game, place Ancelotti, Benitez and Lampard in an order. Do the same for fan satisfaction and I'd argue player satisfaction.

There's pattern that I think you'd start to see in terms of who is last, so blaming it on the fans isn't really warranted.

Points per game, place Ancelotti, Benitez and Lampard in an order. Do the same for fan satisfaction and I'd argue player satisfaction.

There's pattern that I think you'd start to see in terms of who is last, so blaming it on the fans isn't really warranted.

Its comparing apples to oranges though - King Carlo played infront of an empty stadium, Benitez played infront of a hostile Goodison crowd with half supporting him and half abusing him.

Lampard's record was pretty poor until the fans united, welcomed in the team coach, the fireworks, spirit of the blues, the pyro - it would all have had an impact on results/the players on the pitch.

The next 12-18 months will ultimately be the acid test as its a clean slate and Benitez cant be blamed for what happens from games 1-38.

I hope he does well he seems to be a sound fella but I have reservations over his game management. I think he'll also stick with 3 at the back which means we'll need significant activity in the market to bring in the players to suit that system.

I dont buy that tbh - every team thats just had their manager sacked is in free fall we looked in a world of trouble when both Koeman and Silva in particular were punted.

Its the new fella's job to galvanise the side and push them on. People are praising Lampard for essentially not taking us backwards i.e falling and staying into the bottom 3.

Lets not act like Kopites and hero worship a fella who's been here 5 minute's. Large Banners and gofundme pages to pay his 30k fine is getting a bit embarassing.
Presumably you mean like you did with Benitez, and some would say still do?

100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).
Everyone should be backing him at the minute. He took over a side with with 1 win 15 with a clear objective to stay up, and he did it with a game to spare.

The 16th to 16th narrative is overly simplistic rubbish. The team were in freefall and it took some time and lessons to be learned but we got there in the end. Midtable next year should be the next target.

Everyone should be backing him at the minute. He took over a side with with 1 win 15 with a clear objective to stay up, and he did it with a game to spare.

The 16th to 16th narrative is overly simplistic rubbish. The team were in freefall and it took some time and lessons to be learned but we got there in the end. Midtable next year should be the next target.
Absolutely.
I also I get the feelings from what he said post match for the Palace Gamez that the club is a shambles and needs a good overhaul. We have to give the manager and the dof, time to sort this out.
Top 10 is fine by me, with a move to sorting us out and getting a squad of players together that are capable of the basics.

I dont buy that tbh - every team thats just had their manager sacked is in free fall we looked in a world of trouble when both Koeman and Silva in particular were punted.

Its the new fella's job to galvanise the side and push them on. People are praising Lampard for essentially not taking us backwards i.e falling and staying into the bottom 3.

Lets not act like Kopites and hero worship a fella who's been here 5 minute's. Large Banners and gofundme pages to pay his 30k fine is getting a bit embarassing.
Struggling working class people doing a whip around to pay a multi millionaires fine of 30k.

We are never ever going to escape this capitalistic oppression anytime soon sadly. Not with that behaviour.

The 16th to 16th is badly skewed.

As we were in freefall Newcastle & Brentford went on a run of good form .
Plus Burnley had a mini revival.
We were in big trouble and at one point 5 points from safety.
Very hard to arrest the downward spiral we were in.
But massive wins in the run in got us there and thats great credit to Lampard.

No doubt whatsoever Jaffa boy would have relegated us.

Presumably you mean like you did with Benitez, and some would say still do?

I backed Benitez because if he succeeded so did Everton.

Same way I back Frankel even though I do have some reservations I hope he smashes it here and gets us into europe or a cup final.

I do believe though that the OTT support for Lampard from a section of the fanbase is down to guilt felt by many in how they never gave the former manager a chance from the start which did ultimately play its part in how the season unfolded.

Some wont admit it publically on the forum but I do think there is an element of overcompensating for their previous lack of support.

Ancelotti wasnt hero worshipped at all. There was a healthy debate about wether he was even right for this job long term. Most just appreciated he was polishing a turd.
The other thing was yes always going to happen not just because of who he is. But because of his toxic demina. He has a history of creating it at many clubs. Couldnt have been at a worse club than Everton to carry on with that arrogance.

The irony of you saying that while on your knees fellating that Kopite slug is no doubt lost on you.

100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).
Its the narrative of how the season played out. The dramatic 3-2 win last min thatbhas the good vibes flowing.

If he gotna few wins early doors so relegation wasn't ever going to be a problem. If he went on to produce the form we had of the last 10 games. Including the 5-0 thumping on last game. Franks approval would be very low and he'd get till Halloween max.

Struggling working class people doing a whip around to pay a multi millionaires fine of 30k.

We are never ever going to escape this capitalistic oppression anytime soon sadly. Not with that behaviour.
If it's the same fundraiser I saw, it's to raise the equivalent amount and donate to EitC. About making a statement more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.