2021/22 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).

Have a day off you slimy little wretch.

100%

96% approval rating from taking a team from 16th to 16th in half a season.

I hope our Frankel does well next season but I fear this is well and truly the calm before the storm once the memories of Benitez fade and fans start demanding top half finishes and pushes for europe (rightfully so this club shouldn't be in the doldrums).
A team that were in total free fall with no confidence or team unity. A team that had undergone its worst run in nearly three decades.

We then went on to win the vast majority of our home games, won away for the first time since August and actually looked like a team once again.

The fan base was united too, which for me is a huge win. As I said, next year is a different challenge, but right now credit where credit is due.

Simply saying he took us from 16th to 16th is something one of that shower across the park would wheel out. Let’s look at the positives, aye.

A team that were in total free fall with no confidence or team unity. A team that had undergone its worst run in nearly three decades.

We then went on to win the vast majority of our home games, won away for the first time since August and actually looked like a team once again.

The fan base was united too, which for me is a huge win. As I said, next year is a different challenge, but right now credit where credit is due.

Simply saying he took us from 16th to 16th is something one of that shower across the park would wheel out. Let’s look at the positives, aye.

I dont buy that tbh - every team thats just had their manager sacked is in free fall we looked in a world of trouble when both Koeman and Silva in particular were punted.

Its the new fella's job to galvanise the side and push them on. People are praising Lampard for essentially not taking us backwards i.e falling and staying into the bottom 3.

Lets not act like Kopites and hero worship a fella who's been here 5 minute's. Large Banners and gofundme pages to pay his 30k fine is getting a bit embarassing.

Yes Phil...but winners tend to beget winners. I hold high hopes for Frank. The crucible he experienced in those last few weeks, augurs positively in his smelting toward him being a somebody for us
CC9945C9-C8DA-48E0-B487-49BD2A7EA47C.jpeg

Please stick to GoT speak so I can understand

I dont buy that tbh - every team thats just had their manager sacked is in free fall we looked in a world of trouble when both Koeman and Silva in particular were punted.

Its the new fella's job to galvanise the side and push them on. People are praising Lampard for essentially not taking us backwards i.e falling and staying into the bottom 3.

Lets not act like Kopites and hero worship a fella who's been here 5 minute's. Large Banners and gofundme pages to pay his 30k fine is getting a bit embarassing.
Then, why didn’t your hero Benitez do this?

Then, why didn’t your hero Benitez do this?

The way I see it is simple - whoever followed on from Ancelotti was doomed from the start because he was worshipped, even a neutral manager would have been up against it never mind an Ex LFC manager.

Likewise whoever followed on from Benitez was always going to be hero worshipped and supported especially if they were "young and progressive" which is what our fans have been calling out for since Silva left.

When you've got fans putting threatening banners up outside a blokes house before he's even taken the job it was always a mountain to climb with a squad like ours.

The way I see it is simple - whoever followed on from Ancelotti was doomed from the start because he was worshipped, even a neutral manager would have been up against it never mind an Ex LFC manager.

Likewise whoever followed on from Benitez was always going to be hero worshipped and supported especially if they were "young and progressive" which is what our fans have been calling out for since Silva left.

When you've got fans putting threatening banners up outside a blokes house before he's even taken the job it was always a mountain to climb with a squad like ours.
Not true as from what I recall nobody wanted Pereira, we needed at the time someone who knew the league and had a different approach to Benitez, and crucially someone who the crowd could get behind.

He did a great job this season. Not just the fact we stayed up. But what he had to contend with. Injuries to keep players, the fan base being toxic and fighting with each other and the players. We see it every season, their is one team that starts of well then all of sudden nose dives to relegation. That was us this season, yet he managed to keep us up. Yes he ain’t no where perfect and has his flaws and mistakes during that run. I don’t know if he is the manager to push on to where we want to be. He should in theory improve with more experience, but we have seen before that doesn’t always happen. I do feel however if he is backed by the club, and is allowed to make all the football decisions along with Kevin. He can keep us steady for the next few seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.