Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was there to waste my money on tickets. Planning airfare, trying to figure out if I can get anyone to go, taking time off.

Then I'm like why am I spending 1,000 bucks to go to Orlando of all places and watch some millionaires walk around some nice grass and not give a bleep for 90 minutes.

I'll just keep that towards my stash for whenever I finally get over there. Hopefully next spring. Totally minor, not even a complaint given the gravity of it all in the last year but I'm just sitting here waiting to book my ticket. Finally got my job, life, money everything in order where I can afford a trip and I can't go anywhere haha. It's a good problem though considering others lot, so I take it as a blessing.

Like I said, not at all a complaint. Just where we're all at right now really. So idk anyone in my shoes I don't wanna completely dissuade you from going but I've been to friendlies before. I'd never pay for one or tell someone to unless you just gotta say I saw x play once. A Scotland v USA one before WC 98 in DC and I just remember being bored as hell. That one always sticks out as just being particularly awful.

Sorry but Scotland v USA 98 which was what, the team that finished like 24th? Vs the team that finished dead last.

That's about adjacent to Everton v FC Millionaires or whatever that is they're playing. That's got an utter crap game written all over it. No thanks.

Or I mean if it gives you an opportunity to experience the hell on earth that is Florida for anyone from Liverpool or wherever. Yea I'd go. You'll get bored in Orlando if you're not some Disney weirdo.

Status
Not open for further replies.