Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the actual f is your problem? It's idiots like you that are the reason the atmosphere in the ground has been so toxic the last few seasons, the fan group behind today and getting the siren played before Z Cars are doing something positive to help improve matchdays and it's bloody working considering that since the latter has been introduced at the derby we've neither lost nor conceded a home goal. How about doing us all a favour and sod off
Nothing to do with the trash on show?

Not kean on the flags tbh, smacks of being a try hard wannabe, like...well like Watford for one, but not just them.
When they start playing this while the VAR is being sorted, then I know its time to take step away.

Im a bit concerned over Health and Safety issues having fireworks and all those flags plus all that old wood in the stands.
Someone should report us to the Health and Safety commission

I didn’t wave mine as it’s not really my cup of tea, however you can’t really suggest that the atmosphere wasn’t great at the start of the game.

If the flags played a part in generating that atmosphere, well then they’ve done their job and are a success; it’s nice for it to be lively again.

Horses for course as the saying goes and if people would prefer Goodison to be a morgue rather than having flags etc. then I give up.

Didn't realise it was a fan group behind it yesterday, rather than the club.

Firstly any fan group should be applauded for trying to improve the atmosphere and engage the fans. If that there is no doubt.

I think they got the application wrong slightly there, by copying the likes of Brighton City and Wigan with the free flags. Granted it can look good at grounds for a short time but it will always be looked down on as a bit of a plastic club gimmick.

However it's encouraging that there's a fan group willing to try. Hopefully next time they will get it more appropriate for a historic club like Everton but you can only be thankful they have started so ring and will look to improve it.

Man United have a fan group similar and they tried creating a singing section. Initially it looked ridiculous, they attempted to recreate flags, scarves and banners that the likes of palace and the neighbours do - however they got it wrong in the sense that the flags they did were all the same size and shape (like a postage stamp) and there were several of the same design made. It looked silly at first but they have refined it somewhat to look better at old Trafford. For it to look good you need to have different shapes and styles and some smaller flags like what we had yesterday.

Back to the blues and I don't expect them to do something for every game but now I know it's a fan created effort rather than a horrible club produced effort I'm a lot more tolerant towards it as I'm sure most fans will be.

Lastly the flags can only do so much. The effort these lads and lasses will have made only goes so far and it's down to the fans who have waves the flags before the game to keep the atmosphere as lively as possible. Yes it's down to the action on the pitch too but yesterday after a lively first 20 mins the atmosphere stopped to a silence. That's when the fans who have waved the flags red to stand up and push it on again. I'm looking at the fans in the GS here as the fans in our traditional "home" end. The onus is on you to contribute to keep the atmosphere alive after the initial fervour has died down.

Firstly any fan group should be applauded for trying to improve the atmosphere and engage the fans. If that there is no doubt.

I think they got the application wrong slightly there, by copying the likes of Brighton City and Wigan with the free flags. Granted it can look good at grounds for a short time but it will always be looked down on as a bit of a plastic club gimmick.

However it's encouraging that there's a fan group willing to try. Hopefully next time they will get it more appropriate for a historic club like Everton but you can only be thankful they have started so ring and will look to improve it.

Man United have a fan group similar and they tried creating a singing section. Initially it looked ridiculous, they attempted to recreate flags, scarves and banners that the likes of palace and the neighbours do - however they got it wrong in the sense that the flags they did were all the same size and shape (like a postage stamp) and there were several of the same design made. It looked silly at first but they have refined it somewhat to look better at old Trafford. For it to look good you need to have different shapes and styles and some smaller flags like what we had yesterday.

Back to the blues and I don't expect them to do something for every game but now I know it's a fan created effort rather than a horrible club produced effort I'm a lot more tolerant towards it as I'm sure most fans will be.

Lastly the flags can only do so much. The effort these lads and lasses will have made only goes so far and it's down to the fans who have waves the flags before the game to keep the atmosphere as lively as possible. Yes it's down to the action on the pitch too but yesterday after a lively first 20 mins the atmosphere stopped to a silence. That's when the fans who have waved the flags red to stand up and push it on again. I'm looking at the fans in the GS here as the fans in our traditional "home" end. The onus is on you to contribute to keep the atmosphere alive after the initial fervour has died down.
Spot on lad!

The stewards were making fans sit

Flags - ok as an occasional thing I think, but please God we never ever go down the route of those happy clapper clacker things that Leicester and a couple of others have! They’re an abomination and will never ever have a place at Goodison or BMD!

I felt so cool yesterday when all the other lads around me were waving their flags like quilts and me and Bariatric Barry two rows in front just sat there snarling at everyone.

You can’t call them quilts for waving there flags, I mean why didn’t you say it to them all then? Oh wait you never.

Status
Not open for further replies.