First out the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurdsson is more than capable on set pieces, Baines is on his way out.

Also with Rooney I was actually on the fence. On the one hand he's generally had a positive effect on the side since he came in... but how long should we keep him a consideration for? I fear that if he stays at the club beyond the summer he'll potentially start to have a detrimental effect given his age and propensity to warrant a place in most starting XI's based primarily to his reputation alone. We need to start moving on from players who have passed their prime imo.
I'd keep him on as our current top scorer. I think he's got a couple of years left in him. I'd also make him vice captain. In no way should Williams be captain. Jags at least has the odd moment, Williams is just awful.

First out the door? Was probably me at the Emirates , at half time yesterday.....

Glass-Door-Fail-12.gif

Pickford
Coleman (club captain)
Gueye
Davies
Kenny
Beni
Holgate
Walcott
Tosun
Sigurdsson
DCL
Dowell
Lookman

Keep that group and sack the rest off. Add another set of 8-10 players to round off the squad - promote more of the youth and dip into the transfer market for at least 3-4 quality additions. Oh... and make sure we get a top manager in before all of this happens.

Easier said than done like, but if we ever want to progress as a club then this is the foundation that needs to be laid.
We have to accept that change cannot happen over one season.
Last summer we signed too many players and some never got the chance to settle or get a game.
You list thirteen players and I certainly would keep them all but there are seven boys in that group and they would not be able to backbone a team for a season. For a couple of seasons we will have to slowly move on some players currently at the club.
We would need to sign and integrate about nine new players into the squad and that is even worse than this year.

I think that if we could sign four good players that would be satisfactory. Four first team players.

Pickford
Coleman (club captain)
Gueye
Davies
Kenny
Beni
Holgate
Walcott
Tosun
Sigurdsson
DCL
Dowell
Lookman

Keep that group and sack the rest off. Add another set of 8-10 players to round off the squad - promote more of the youth and dip into the transfer market for at least 3-4 quality additions. Oh... and make sure we get a top manager in before all of this happens.

Easier said than done like, but if we ever want to progress as a club then this is the foundation that needs to be laid.
Add Vlasic to this and it is spot on.

Pickford
Coleman (club captain)
Gueye
Davies
Kenny
Beni
Holgate
Walcott
Tosun
Sigurdsson
DCL
Dowell
Lookman

I think there are a few more young players who can be brought into that group. The lad from Holland and being treated at FF - Onkeriyu??, Galloway, must be more but cannot recall names. Plus Vlsaic.

Lads, what in preseason if we go to Poland and set up a camp for players and staff we don’t want? Like some kind of End resolution?

Martina - £1-2 million
Williams £2-3 million
Schneirderlin- £15 million
Mirallas- £3-4 million
Besic £1-2 million
Sandro £8-9 million
Jagielka Free
Klaassan £8-10 million

All of the above jokers should be gone and free up £40-45 million to go towards reinvesting in a CDM, LB and CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.