Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't he get COVID and the links stopped after it was announced he had it? Can't imagine we'd be going near anyone knowing they're not fully healthy, fitness wise or COVID wise.
Exactly
Chances are he will have no or very mild symptoms ,but there is a slim chance he could get covid lung or some other long term after affect

Not having an option in the agreement doesn't mean we can't negotiate afterwards. A low fee option is ideal for sure but we could do like we did with Rom, especially if the player wants the move at that point.
Branthwaite is 18, Gibson 20 and both really need some regular play time for their development and I don't think we can give that Championship loans might be ideal for them. Tomori is 22 and further along and might push Holgate/Mina and Keane.

The problem with no fee agreed is that if the player has a blinder here then his fee trebles.

See Ben White at Leeds.

All the reports seem to stem from one guy from ESPN. I would have thought that Chelsea would wait until nearer the deadline before giving the go ahead to loans. But we’ll see.

I think it is a strange move for Chelsea to loan him to Everton. As has been pointed out already this does depend on the injury to Holgate and not a word three days after the injury does not look good.

But, if the injury to Holgate is not long term then I think Tomori would certainly not be guaranteed minutes ahead of Holgate, Keane and Mina. There is no way he will be made any promises about minutes played we are just too big for that.

I would be more than happy to loan him, giving Gibson and Branthwaite a chance to gain more experience and Gibson certainly would be ready to challenge in twelve months, if not sooner.

I think Gibson's contract may run out at the end of this season.
@Zatara is this true ??

2022 ;)

It sounds like this might be a stop gap to cover Holgate. If that’s the case I’m not too worried about an option to buy. Might change my tune if he comes in and is amazing like.
The reports suggest we were already trying to get him, but we've made it more of a priority after the Holgate injury. It sounds like we were content to wait until nearer the deadline to see how things played out but we've now decided to get him in sooner. The reports also said he wanted assurances about playing time. There's no way he's coming as cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.