Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh.

If he's coming I can only assume it's because we want him in the team though. He could sit on Chelsea's bench, can't see either him or his club wanting him to come and sit on ours. Maybe everyone who's been saying our centre halves were great and Carlo loved them all was wrong after all. Shocked here.

Was thinking that myself, if it came down to be a bit part player for Chelsea or us then you would imagine he would prefer to stay where he was.

Pretty sure zouma wasn’t a starter when he first arrived either but due to injuries with Mina he established himself as a starter alongside Keane
Pretty sure he was. Keane and Mina don't look good together, it's why we've consistently tried to split them up whenever possible. We supposedly paid £5m for the Zouma loan, we weren't doing that for him to come and sit on the bench for a year and then go back. Same with this, there's no way an England international who could probably get a game for half the league comes to us to be back up. Obviously he may end up sitting on the bench, but there's no way that's the plan, it would make no sense for any of the parties involved.

Pretty sure he was. Keane and Mina don't look good together, it's why we've consistently tried to split them up whenever possible. We supposedly paid £5m for the Zouma loan, we weren't doing that for him to come and sit on the bench for a year and then go back. Same with this, there's no way an England international who could probably get a game for half the league comes to us to be back up. Obviously he may end up sitting on the bench, but there's no way that's the plan, it would make no sense for any of the parties involved.

Keane and Mina are internationals. Only Holgate not getting a full cap yet.

If Mina and Keane can sit on the bench. So is Tomori. It depends on performance and form.
Yes but i'm talking about the plan. As I said, he might end up sitting on the bench, but I very much doubt that is the plan from the off. There are plenty of players who could come in and be cover for a year, who wouldn't cost a lot and who would be content to just get a few run outs here and there. I very much doubt Tomori falls into that category. His career is on an upward trajectory, agreeing to come to us as cover would make no sense for him as a player because by the end of the year it'd be 18 months since he played regularly and everyone would have forgotten who he was. It would make no sense for us to do it because he would be more expensive than other options, and it would make no sense for Chelsea because they will want him to play to either improve or increase his value. If it was a permanent deal it would be different, but as a loan it only really makes sense for any party if we're saying we expect him to be a big part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.