Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure of your point. They have Silva now too. Tomori would start more Prem games here than at Chelsea.

Oh and Silva is obviously class. I absolutely agree that Tomori gets more minutes here than he would at Chelsea. The post you quoted was just a response to another post.

Without knowing much about him, I don’t really understand this signing? I don’t think our 3 defenders are that much worse than Zouma, Rudiger, or Christensen... And surely Chelsea wouldn’t be loaning us a young player to just sit on the bench as our 4th CB

@MACCA75 this was simply the point I was making. Now if Tomori is good enough to start ahead of Mina & Keane, then I’d think he’s just as likely to start with Thiago, ahead of Rudiger, Christensen & Zouma.

I have to agree that without the option to buy we should be looking elsewhere. A player behind Zouma in the Chelsea pecking order is a risk in the first instance, but with no way to secure his signature of he turns out decent, then I just don't see the point. It plugs a gap that Branthwaite and Gibson could foreseeably do imo.

I have to agree that without the option to buy we should be looking elsewhere. A player behind Zouma in the Chelsea pecking order is a risk in the first instance, but with no way to secure his signature of he turns out decent, then I just don't see the point. It plugs a gap that Branthwaite and Gibson could foreseeably do imo.
Holgate is out though and it sounds like at least a month, without him we only have Mina and Keane as senior cbs, neither have massive pace. I don't see Gibson or Banthwaite as ready to play multiple first team games.

It's a strange one for me doesn't start in front of Keane ,holgate or mina will Chelsea want him on the bench
Lampard had him at derby and by all accounts was close to coming to us last season till luiz left , good squad player nothing more
Holgate rumoured to be out for anything up to six weeks

Not having an option in the agreement doesn't mean we can't negotiate afterwards. A low fee option is ideal for sure but we could do like we did with Rom, especially if the player wants the move at that point.
Branthwaite is 18, Gibson 20 and both really need some regular play time for their development and I don't think we can give that Championship loans might be ideal for them. Tomori is 22 and further along and might push Holgate/Mina and Keane.

Without having seen him play, is he that much of an upgrade over Gibson and branthwaite that we should be sending them out on loan for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.