Fernandes - Hope he get's this form back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happened for Manny so far since his return. Think he is still a good player but im hoping more that we can get Pienaar and Lescott on longer term deals.

What? The love in of certain members on here despite him contributing sweet FA to the cause? Yes your right

elmer004.jpg

He's coming for you.

We know he has the potential, its been said over and over and he is not matchfit, also been said over and over. I dont know if anyone is watching the Arsenal game, but Diaby is a fantastic player, he is not matchfit, has had lots of injuries recently and is playing like [Poor language removed] for them so far.

Even if he does end up doing [Poor language removed] all for the rest of the season, the moaning and assumption that he doesnt give a [Poor language removed] isnt going to help anybody, we have a good opportunity to possibly sign a really good player, why doesnt everyone just back him to do well in the remaining games he has with us.

What? The love in of certain members on here despite him contributing sweet FA to the cause? Yes your right

Love? How do we love him? I rate him as a player but I'm certainly not going over the top and if he doesn't contribute towards this season in the games left he should quite rightly go back to Valencia.

What I won't do though is judge a player on 5 games. I'll give him time just like I give Yakubu, Pienaar and Jagielka time. I'm not like that with any player because I think its unfair.

We'll simply have to judge at the end of the season whether he'll be worth the no doubt expensive fee.

If he's going to be worth he will have to pick up his performances, that's the bottom line.

We'll simply have to judge at the end of the season whether he'll be worth the no doubt expensive fee.

If he's going to be worth he will have to pick up his performances, that's the bottom line.

That is absolutely correct, fit or not

Was I dreaming when I wrote this earlier, TX is changing his mind again, he's just like the bloody wifelollollollol

I haven't changed my mind on him a bit.

Where my difference of opinion lies with many on here is his attitude and how he's performed for us so far as well has his future potential as a player.

Where I agree with many on there is that he certainly isn't worth 14M or whatever Valencia paid for him and that we certainly won't be paying anywhere near that if we end up purchasing him.

would rather Gareth Barry for probably the same amount, hes not been the same this season

He'd never come to us and being Villa's best player and English would probably cost more than Fernandes.

Two players I do like are Wilson Palicios of Wigan and Gelson Fernandes of Man city. Two young players with good futures ahead of them.

Before the page is locked (because they debate is getting boring) I'll throw my 2 pence in.

I agree with the majority of people that its best till wait till the end of the season, see how much, then its up to Moyes to make the decision.

If he wants to sign with us and wants to play for us at the right price then I dont see why we shouldn't, gives us some more depth. He was influencial at Benfica winning the league in 2004/2005 (their 1st for 11 years) when he was 19 (only missed 5 games in the whole season). A bad injury forced him out for most of the season but came back into the squad until he wanted to move on saying "the premiership is the only place I want to play".

If the price is right and he wants to commit to the club then get him bought. We first need to find out where's his best position and get him working in the system that has changed since last season. He's started 3 (unfit and a massive game against Chelsea for his 1st game) along side Carsley, more defensively, once on the right wing and it looked like he was gonna play left wing agasint City before he taken off injured.

If Moyes moulds him right, like he did with Jags and Pienaar and what you do with every new signing, he'll be a great assest. Just look at his mate Nani at Manc Utd. Fergie paid £14 mill (I think) for him and has only played him every now and then but he's a great talent. You either pay through the nose for sheer class or you pay it for potential (which is what Manc you did for Nani and Anderson, and what Spurs did for Darren Bent)

My big conern is the agents who own half of him. The situation at Pompy was [Poor language removed] for him and for Redknapp and it was all down to his [Poor language removed] stupid Agent, the Global Sports Investment. Redknapp only found late on that if he plays him for 3 consistant games he'd have to buy him for £12 mill so he gave him up to move on. We got [Poor language removed] big time at the last minute because of that because Spain doens have the 3rd party rule so Benfica got all £14 million for him.

If he's surplus to requirments at Valencia (which it looks like he is) they should be able to let him go for a bit less. If not, see ya later and get someone else.

Conspiracy theory time. Fernandes is under orders to play like crap. Fast forward to the summer and Moyes is talking to Valencia about a permanent transfer.

"Look, I know you guys don't want him, but he is a liability. Look at the level you drove him to play. So much so I didn't ever feel safe playing him for any length of time. 4 million, not a penny more."

Bam! We get him on the cheap!

Well, maybe not :p

Status
Not open for further replies.