Fernandes - Hope he get's this form back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Questions to ask yourself about Manny, if he was anything like as good as he is made out to be then why did Benefica Portsmouth and Valencia all want shut of him? I hope Moyes can turn him round although I suspect his biggest problem lies between the ears. He is not worth anything like the money being asked for and we'd be stupid to pay it based on the poor showings he has made so far.

Benfica didn't get shut of him. He got shut of them like the majority of up and coming Portuguese players do to there home clubs. They move on to stronger leagues to compete against the top top players. He won the league at Benfica, he was a regular in the team and they also got to the Champions League semi final. Manny's leaving of Benfica is exactly the same as Anderson's of Porto or Ronaldo's of Sporting Lisbon. They move on to better themselves.

The reason he was [Poor language removed] about alot was mainly due to the second owners. At Portsmouth he was highly rated by the fans. I remember a Portsmouth fan telling me that alongside Andrés D'Alessandro he was the most talented player he'd seen at Fratton Park. Mind you they haven't seen many good players in there time.

From what I remember Redknapp wanted to buy Manny but wasn't convinced he was worth the money. I agree with him as I agree with alot of Evertonians. He's a good talent but he isn't the finished article therefore should not command such a heavy price. But thats not saying he didn't rate him. I remember him praising him a few times and comparing him to a young Paul Ince. Not my words Harry Redknapp's.

At Valencia I'm not sure. He only made 12 appearances and alot of them where from coming from the bench so that isn't really enough time to prove yourself. And obviously there's the Koeman effect. Koeman has a habit of falling out with players and making them unhappy and Manny had problems with him at Benfica supposedly from what I've heard. Anyway, Valencia is a club on its way out in my opinion unless they have some drastic changes both on and off the pitch.

I'm not one of these fans who overrates him. Don't get me wrong I rate and I think he'd become a good signing for us depending on the price but I also know he needs work like every young player and if not at this moment in time a world beater. He has alot of tools though that if nurtured correctly would stand him in good steed for the future.

Benfica didn't get shut of him. He got shut of them like the majority of up and coming Portuguese players do to there home clubs. They move on to stronger leagues to compete against the top top players. He won the league at Benfica, he was a regular in the team and they also got to the Champions League semi final. Manny's leaving of Benfica is exactly the same as Anderson's of Porto or Ronaldo's of Sporting Lisbon. They move on to better themselves.

The reason he was [Poor language removed] about alot was mainly due to the second owners. At Portsmouth he was highly rated by the fans. I remember a Portsmouth fan telling me that alongside Andrés D'Alessandro he was the most talented player he'd seen at Fratton Park. Mind you they haven't seen many good players in there time.

From what I remember Redknapp wanted to buy Manny but wasn't convinced he was worth the money. I agree with him as I agree with alot of Evertonians. He's a good talent but he isn't the finished article therefore should not command such a heavy price. But thats not saying he didn't rate him. I remember him praising him a few times and comparing him to a young Paul Ince. Not my words Harry Redknapp's.

At Valencia I'm not sure. He only made 12 appearances and alot of them where from coming from the bench so that isn't really enough time to prove yourself. And obviously there's the Koeman effect. Koeman has a habit of falling out with players and making them unhappy and Manny had problems with him at Benfica supposedly from what I've heard. Anyway, Valencia is a club on its way out in my opinion unless they have some drastic changes both on and off the pitch.

I'm not one of these fans who overrates him. Don't get me wrong I rate and I think he'd become a good signing for us depending on the price but I also know he needs work like every young player and if not at this moment in time a world beater. He has alot of tools though that if nurtured correctly would stand him in good steed for the future.

From what I have seen the only time I have seen a near satisfactory performance was at Bran and even then Kevin Ratcliffe describe it as poor, He has less than 12 matches to prove his worth, what he did or did not do elsewhere will count for nothing with Moyes it is what he is doing now and in all fairness that is not a lot. The 'is he fit' argument doesn't wash with me, he is a young man who has been in training all season, even coming off the bench he has not shone. There is an old saying that goes 'all that glitters is not gold' and I suspect it may apply to Manny. For his sake I hope he comes good but I have huge reservations

From what I have seen the only time I have seen a near satisfactory performance was at Bran and even then Kevin Ratcliffe describe it as poor, He has less than 12 matches to prove his worth, what he did or did not do elsewhere will count for nothing with Moyes it is what he is doing now and in all fairness that is not a lot. The 'is he fit' argument doesn't wash with me, he is a young man who has been in training all season, even coming off the bench he has not shone. There is an old saying that goes 'all that glitters is not gold' and I suspect it may apply to Manny. For his sake I hope he comes good but I have huge reservations

I've got no problems with your opinion and I'm not even arguing about them. You asked me a question about his past clubs and I answered them from what I know.

I also agree with you about his current form. I like him and I think he'd be a good signing for this club but if he doesn't prove himself in the games remaining then he doesn't deserve to be here.....simple as.

Did I mention anything about fitness? I don't think I did and I'm not using that as an excuse but it is a reasonable excuse others have made. There is a difference between being "fit" and "match fit". He hasn't played consistently at all this season. He had injuries at the start of his Valencia career and when Koeman arrived he was used rarely. If your not playing week in week out you get no continuity and consistency in your game. Its a fact and any professional footballer will tell you exactly the same thing.

Yakubu experienced the exact same thing when he joined us. He was obviously not fit and all could see it yet he was ripped into. He took atleast 8 games to get into his groove which proves players and especially new players need time.

I think everyone's in the same boat. We all want him to come good but if he doesn't then there's no point in taking him on permanently. Hopefully he will improve and contribute to our season.

I think everyone's in the same boat. We all want him to come good but if he doesn't then there's no point in taking him on permanently. Hopefully he will improve and contribute to our season.

I agree. Everyone here wants him to come on the pitch, show his class, take a game by the scruff of its neck and win it for us. And do it every week, but for *some reason*, he isn't doing this.

The only argument about manny is what the *some reason* is.

6 games played, 6 increasingly poor performances from MF culminating in him coming on for 5 mins against Citeh, losing the ball a couple of times, shitting out of tackles then came off with a 'injury' which he didnt look to have. He is now on his 4th move in 4 years which says alot about this lads attitude. I highly doubt Moyes will consider buying this lad as he did the dirty on us last summer and has done nothing to justify his place in the squad

hes the greatest, the untouchable, the divine.

bigger and better than dixie. all hail munny, can we rename the club munny fc?

I've got no problems with your opinion and I'm not even arguing about them. You asked me a question about his past clubs and I answered them from what I know.

I also agree with you about his current form. I like him and I think he'd be a good signing for this club but if he doesn't prove himself in the games remaining then he doesn't deserve to be here.....simple as.

Did I mention anything about fitness? I don't think I did and I'm not using that as an excuse but it is a reasonable excuse others have made. There is a difference between being "fit" and "match fit". He hasn't played consistently at all this season. He had injuries at the start of his Valencia career and when Koeman arrived he was used rarely. If your not playing week in week out you get no continuity and consistency in your game. Its a fact and any professional footballer will tell you exactly the same thing.

Yakubu experienced the exact same thing when he joined us. He was obviously not fit and all could see it yet he was ripped into. He took atleast 8 games to get into his groove which proves players and especially new players need time.

I at no point suggested you did but as you agree with those that do so what is your point?

If you note I covered the match fit business by pointing out he has looked out of it coming off the bench with less than a half to play. Surely you would agree that if his performances here were matched at Valencia it would easily explain why they don't want him!

For how long?

Another 20 odd minutes - if he doesn't score a blinder or do something like nutmeg someone like Fabregas 5 times... then i'll get started on the 'FERNANDES OUT' banners.

Seriously though, apart from the first half hour in the Carling Cup semi 1st leg, he has been very poor. But in saying that, hes desperately lacking first team football, give him a bit more time.

as boring and tiresome as seeing him lollop about on the pitch pretending to be a footballer and pretending to be interested?

Lets simply close these threads and see who is embarrassed at the end of the season when you bump them, I hope it will be me, but I don't think so!

Status
Not open for further replies.