Fernandes - Hope he get's this form back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Form, hmmm -

The game i really remember was the West Ham away game, i was there and i was taken away by the lad, we were losing at the time and he came on and changed the game completely.

Even though we lost, people were talking about him, brilliant he was.

Arsenal game he was brilliant, Reading, Blackburn, Spurs, Watford, Pompey and Chelsea he had decent games.
He was on form.

Sorry cal, thats just not good enough for 12m,

Yes he had a great game agains the ars. an scored a great goal against manu. But after that he was no better than ossie etc.

Cal i dont get it mate!! The first time he was here he showed NO form. Yes there were flashes of class. But thats the thing.....flashers. I sat in the top balc against pompy last season an said to my mate "this lad will never give you more that 35mins" hes just no good enough.

Now you can't say im jumping on the band wagon,cos as you know iv never wanted him back here. An i never wanted us to sign him in the summer for 12m!!!! Oh my god we were going to pay 12m for him.

I hope he proves me wrong, i really do. Because at times he looks head an sholders above most of our players. But i very much doubt it.

I disagree with you there mate. He put in good consistent performances in his first spell here. Not world class by any means but solid performances. He wasn't bad in any of the matches he played and he contributed a lot to the end of our season in terms of improving the football and making us a better team.

He didn't dominate games but being realistic who does in our team? Arteta? Osman? Pienaar? None of them do. All are talented players but all flicker in and out of games exactly like Fernandes.

To be honest where not good enough to attract dominating world class midfielders. It just won't happen until we bridge the gap on the top three. But what we can do is invest in talent and Fernandes is a very good talent. Not the finished article but he will improve Everton and he will continue to improve individually.

We don't have a player in his mould at the club and if we are going to move up a level we need that sort of player. Someone who can drop deep, take the ball of the back four and thread a pass right up the pitch accurately or dictate the pace of a game. Man utd have Scholes and Carrick, Liverpool have Alonso, Chelsea have Mikel and Arsenal have Fabregas.

I'm not saying Fernandes is as good as any of the players mentioned but he is in there mould and in my opinion if the performances want to improve aswell as the football we need this. Just my opinion like.

I hope he does get back to his best and proves himself. If he continues to flatter to deceive then we can let him go back to Valencia simple as.

I disagree with you there mate. He put in good consistent performances in his first spell here. Not world class by any means but solid performances. He wasn't bad in any of the matches he played and he contributed a lot to the end of our season in terms of improving the football and making us a better team.

He didn't dominate games but being realistic who does in our team? Arteta? Osman? Pienaar? None of them do. All are talented players but all flicker in and out of games exactly like Fernandes.

To be honest where not good enough to attract dominating world class midfielders. It just won't happen until we bridge the gap on the top three. But what we can do is invest in talent and Fernandes is a very good talent. Not the finished article but he will improve Everton and he will continue to improve individually.

We don't have a player in his mould at the club and if we are going to move up a level we need that sort of player. Someone who can drop deep, take the ball of the back four and thread a pass right up the pitch accurately or dictate the pace of a game. Man utd have Scholes and Carrick, Liverpool have Alonso, Chelsea have Mikel and Arsenal have Fabregas.

I'm not saying Fernandes is as good as any of the players mentioned but he is in there mould and in my opinion if the performances want to improve aswell as the football we need this. Just my opinion like.

I hope he does get back to his best and proves himself. If he continues to flatter to deceive then we can let him go back to Valencia simple as.

I take your point TB, But if you think them two are even nearly world class. Me an you are miles away on what we think about football.

Manny never was an everton player, an i dont think he ever will be. He's just not in our mold.

BUT i never though yakubu was, an he's been fantastic.

I take your point TB, But if you think them two are even nearly world class. Me an you are miles away on what we think about football.

Manny never was an everton player, an i dont think he ever will be. He's just not in our mold.

BUT i never though yakubu was, an he's been fantastic.

I'm not saying there world class by any means just offer a similar sort of thing to what Fernandes would offer in terms of long range passing and support play. I also think its a characteristic and attribute we are miss in our squad.

"Manny never was an everton player."

I think your right at this moment in time but surely he can grow into one. I wouldn't class the likes of Yakubu and Arteta as Everton players but they have proved me wrong. Maybe if Moyes get hold of him permanently he'll be able to work his magic on him.

Anyway, who knows? I respect your opinions. All I am hoping for is he does get some form back for the reminder of his loan period. He'll be useful and the more options we have the better team we'll be.

I'm not saying there world class by any means just offer a similar sort of thing to what Fernandes would offer in terms of long range passing and support play. I also think its a characteristic and attribute we are miss in our squad.

"Manny never was an everton player."

I think your right at this moment in time but surely he can grow into one. I wouldn't class the likes of Yakubu and Arteta as Everton players but they have proved me wrong. Maybe if Moyes get hold of him permanently he'll be able to work his magic on him.

Anyway, who knows? I respect your opinions. All I am hoping for is he does get some form back for the reminder of his loan period. He'll be useful and the more options we have the better team we'll be.

Me an you both TB. Dont think for a second i want him to fail. I hope he turns out to be a world beater an play for us for years to come. Just from what i saw of him last time, an what i see now. Its not his abillity i think there is a problam with. Its his personality an his attitude. He not right for this club an untill he changes his way he never will be.

One day he will grow up an probably be a great football player for someone. We just cant splash out 8m + an hope one day it works out.

Come on manny, Iv been your biggest critic. FFS shut me up with a great performance on sunday an a few goals to boot. Its now or never lad. I hope you realise this.

Questions to ask yourself about Manny, if he was anything like as good as he is made out to be then why did Benefica Portsmouth and Valencia all want shut of him? I hope Moyes can turn him round although I suspect his biggest problem lies between the ears. He is not worth anything like the money being asked for and we'd be stupid to pay it based on the poor showings he has made so far.

Last edited:

I think it wouldn't be beyond reason that even if he was lighting it up for us, Moyes wouldn't blow the whole 12M on him. I mean that's a club record on one piece of transfer business. Yakubu went for pretty close to that but at least he had a proven track record. Manny, as much as I like him and want him to stay, doesn't have the amount of games in the Premier League.

Fact is that if Valencia want to sell him, they're gonna take a loss. How much of a loss is up to them but they aren't gonna recoup the whole 14M they paid for him. Not from us, and not from anyone else.

I could see us bidding 6M-8M for him in some sort of installment deal. Add in appearance incentives, etc....

If Valencia don't want to sell, well then hey, they don't have to. But to pay 14M for someone to have 'em rot on the bench or worse, in the reserves doesn't make much sense. I for one hope that they come to their senses come summertime and work something out with us.

It wouldn't be the first time a club took a loss on a player.

I have read things in this thread that have both startled and cheered me at the same time, incredibly postings by someone showing a deep and trusted knowledge of the game of football that I am prepared to lie prostrate at his feet....................................guess who made these earth shattering postings..................I've got to lie down

Was I dreaming when I wrote this earlier, TX is changing his mind again, he's just like the bloody wifelollollollol

Status
Not open for further replies.