FAVOURITISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralphie Boy

Player Valuation: £8m
So Robles finally gets a run of games and keeps three clean sheets to be dropped when Howard is fit who then concedes to me and others a goal that he should have saved.

Is Robles confidence now shot knowing that it doesn't matter how well he is doing he only gets to play when Howard is injured or does he bide his time?

Either way Martinez has too be looking to off-load Robles (can't have much confidence in him if dropped at first opportunity) otherwise he had the perfect opportunity to keep Howard on the bench and maybe force him to ask for a transfer, the MLS being open to him anyway.

This is probably one of the only positions that could be replaced from any league anywhere in the world, after all, a shot is a shot whether it is from Ronaldo or Joe Smith for his pub team, the only difference being the keepers positioning and athlethisism.

Good ones cost money and invariably when one becomes available they are usually snapped up straight away, unless he has already sourced one which knowing Everton will not happen.

Cannot understand why Robles was dropped, does this mean Besic will be dropped on Barry's return for Barry to get another yellow card to get a two game ban for Besic to stand in to be dropped on Barry's second return. Further to this will we see Osman walking straight into the team on his return followed shortly after by Pienarrrrrr?:rant:

This is probably one of the only positions that could be replaced from any league anywhere in the world, after all, a shot is a shot whether it is from Ronaldo or Joe Smith for his pub team, the only difference being the keepers positioning and athlethisism

Lad?

Ironic that Chelsea dropped their first choice keeper last night because he had looked a bit iffy in their last few games, yet we dropped our 2nd choice keeper despite him not doing anything wrong at all.

Goalkeeper is the hardest position to judge whether a player from a foriegn league can adapt to the physical nature of the premiership, as Utd found over the years under Ferguson paying a lot of money for someone who looks good in another league means nothing if the can't cope with the pressure and physical battering goalkeepers in thus league receive.

Sorry Ralphie but you're well wide of the mark with this.

Also we've been crying out for either Pienaar or Osman to get fit for weeks and have missed the added dimension either bring to the teams play. Epic fail here.

Last edited:
It's Howard's distribution to outfield players that makes his so dodgy. I can guarantee you that it will lead to us conceding a considerable amount of goals before the season is over. It puts the defence under pressure, and Robles has much better distribution than Howard.

I am more worried about the message it sends to the other players in the team, you can come in and play well but as soon as one of martinez's favourites are back available you are getting dropped instantly. I cannot get excited at the thought of mccarthy and besic in midfield because as soon as barry is back he will be right back into the starting line up an it isn't right.

I am more worried about the message it sends to the other players in the team, you can come in and play well but as soon as one of martinez's favourites are back available you are getting dropped instantly. I cannot get excited at the thought of mccarthy and besic in midfield because as soon as barry is back he will be right back into the starting line up an it isn't right.

It happened in Kendall's time, when players were injured. The likes of Harper, Bailey and Richardson came in did a great job and then Howard dropped them when his first choice players were fit. Big Nev was dropped and loaned out for Jim Arnold when he first joined the club. Andy Gray was out for a time when we had Heath & Sharp as first choice.
It happens, some managers stick to what they believe are their best starting 11.

Robles has done nowhere near enough to be number 1 . I agree Howard has been crap for a while but 3 good performances does not make you the future.

Its hard to say what I would have done as I dont see Robles day in day out in training

Status
Not open for further replies.