Favourite Everton player of all time and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niclas Alexandersson. Wasn't the greatest of players to say the least, but growing up in the "Beckham Era" he'll have to go down as one of my favourites. Tobias Linderoth has to be up there too, don't know why but was always one of my favourites.

Say-No-To-Drugs.gif

Big Dunc.

What most fans would do to have 1 game at goodison in the royal blue, well Dunc was the closest I have seen to what I would be like if I played for Everton. His passion and love for this club on and off the pitch, being flat out crazy made him even more special.

He wasn't a bad player either.

70's: Duncan, Andy, Bob, Mick, Martin, Trev,
80's: Imre, The Champions,
90's: Peter, Pat, Peter Beagrie, Anders, Andrei, Joe, Graham,
00's: Duncan, Dave, Mikel, Tim, Kevin, Lee,
2012: Mofro, Leighton.

Sorry. Can not get it down to one!

Graham Stuart, never the most gifted of players but I always thought he gave his all. I loved him from the day he joined but his last day heroics against Wimbledon (dubious pen and miss-hit pea roller through Segars' hapless clutches) will forever place him in the highest esteem for me. I remember when he came back to Goodison late on in his career with Charlton and had a great game. I think he scored one goal in a 3-0 win for them but his obvious affection for the blues meant he didn't celebrate it. He was carried off on a stretcher with 10 minutes to go and went off to one of the greatest receptions I have ever seen or heard for an opposing player. Great guy.

Dubious pen? Limpar would have won the gold at the Olympics it was such a bad dive mate! :oops:

Glen Keeley. 25 minutes into his debut in the blue shirt before getting sent off in the derby. Never played for us again.

Now a little more seriously......choosing 1 is just way too hard. Ronnie Goodlass. Bob Latchford. Big Nev. Sharpy. Peter Beardsley. Big Dunc. Tim Cahill. Fellaini.

Barry Horne.

He always worked hard and whenever the ball was free infront of the opposite goal, he just was in the right position and picked it up.

We would need one like that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.