Favourite Everton player of all time and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably big Dunc for me as well. He had a vibe about him that created a buzz at a time when there was really nothing to be buzzing about.

Kancheslkis is the best player I have seen in a blue shirt. I saw Southall as well but he wasn't in his prime in the 1990s.

Lee Tie also helped me out at Uni. There were two fit Chinese birds on my course, and I was able to chat them up through starting a conversation about Lee Tie.

I bumped into Li Tie at Heathrow Airport once. He didn't recognise me, but luckily I recognised him despite being confused. He was alone, sitting, I went up to him and said 'li tie?' he said yes, I said, you play for Everton? He nodded yes, I said please stay and shook his hand and walked off. Lol

Has to be Bally. My hero even to this day. His energy, desire, determination, fighting spirit, guts, skill and talent will always be an inspiration. I bought his own brand white boots with black stripes - anyone else remember these? They were actually poorly made and started to fall to bits after just 3 games but I kept wearing them until they totally fell to pieces. He was scared of no one despite his diminutive size and would stand no nonsense from anyone. He'd cover every blade of grass on the pitch always demanding the ball. He may rest in peace now but never forgotten.

Alan Ball without a doubt...my hero too ...sheer guts and inspiration in every game for us....He drove our team on sometimes single handed....
Who,s the greatest of them all..Little Curly Alan Ball...!!

Bob Latchford .. during the 30 goal season he was unstoppable and though it didn't seem so at the time if you watch the old tapes seemed most of them were scored on pitches resembling swamps .. shudders when thinks of how heavy the balls were when wet in those days

Kanchelskis was the most exciting player I've seen (in the flesh), but he wasn't an evertonian. I'd have to go with Big Nev, but I wish i'd seen Bally and Young. The respect they get from fans now, so many years later, tells me they were a different class.

You could pick so many from the 80's side but sheedy for me was just an exceptional talent with a left foot that was a joy to behold and that twice taken free kick b) . If anyone took that free kick like that now it'd be run and re run on sky in perpetuity so Sheeds for me just edging out sharpey who I think a lot of the younger generation fail to appreciate just seeing him now as a commentator or boardroom mouthpiece.

Alan ball was apart from mum , dad and my brothers names the first words I ever said (indoctrination , pure and simple) , the bloke was 'worshiped' and in recent years Kanchelskis was exceptional and streets ahead of his competitors whilst Duncan is always going to be a fans favourite but for me sheedy gets that honour.

Has to be Bally. My hero even to this day. His energy, desire, determination, fighting spirit, guts, skill and talent will always be an inspiration. I bought his own brand white boots with black stripes - anyone else remember these? They were actually poorly made and started to fall to bits after just 3 games but I kept wearing them until they totally fell to pieces. He was scared of no one despite his diminutive size and would stand no nonsense from anyone. He'd cover every blade of grass on the pitch always demanding the ball. He may rest in peace now but never forgotten.

My ultimate blue hero...little curly Alan Ball. Watching "Mr Perpetual Motion" was one of my highlights. I guess if youre including of all time though it would have to be Dixie.

i was born in the 90's so it has to be big dunc with cahill a close second. tommy gravesen was also one of my favourites and jelavic will probably be up there in a few years

Has to be Peter Reid, so much of what we achieved was down to his drive and determination - the heart beat of the magnificent 80's team.

Peter Reid for me too. A nasty [Poor language removed] that would what was required to win a game. Met him a few times at various EFC functions and he's a top lad as well!

Gotta be Big Nev! He was my inspiration to become a keeper! If he was English we would be talking about whether he was better than Shilton and Banks!

Status
Not open for further replies.