Favourite Everton player of all time and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlasgowBlue

Player Valuation: £50k
Personally, I'd say mine is Duncan Ferguson. When I first began watching Everton, Big Dunc was just simply the main man! So, basically just post who your favourite Evertonian was and why, thanks!

Probably big Dunc for me as well. He had a vibe about him that created a buzz at a time when there was really nothing to be buzzing about.

Kancheslkis is the best player I have seen in a blue shirt. I saw Southall as well but he wasn't in his prime in the 1990s.

Lee Tie also helped me out at Uni. There were two fit Chinese birds on my course, and I was able to chat them up through starting a conversation about Lee Tie.

Tim Cahill for me too, only 17 so haven't seen any definite Everton legends but he understands the club, gave 100% every week often with injuries and fecking hates Liverpool.

Probably big Dunc for me as well. He had a vibe about him that created a buzz at a time when there was really nothing to be buzzing about.

Kancheslkis is the best player I have seen in a blue shirt. I saw Southall as well but he wasn't in his prime in the 1990s.

Lee Tie also helped me out at Uni. There were two fit Chinese birds on my course, and I was able to chat them up through starting a conversation about Lee Tie.

ha great story, make sure you learn how to spell his name right though, resceptapa

Duncan runs him very, very close, but I've got to go with Neville Southall. Went to my first match when we were title holders, saw him play many times.

I'm glad him and Duncan got to win a trophy together.

Graham Stuart, never the most gifted of players but I always thought he gave his all. I loved him from the day he joined but his last day heroics against Wimbledon (dubious pen and miss-hit pea roller through Segars' hapless clutches) will forever place him in the highest esteem for me. I remember when he came back to Goodison late on in his career with Charlton and had a great game. I think he scored one goal in a 3-0 win for them but his obvious affection for the blues meant he didn't celebrate it. He was carried off on a stretcher with 10 minutes to go and went off to one of the greatest receptions I have ever seen or heard for an opposing player. Great guy.

Graeme Sharp for me - i will always love him for that goal he banged in at anfield when we were top dogs.
I yearn for those glory days to return!

Status
Not open for further replies.