Favourite Everton player of all time and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without a shadow of a doubt. Any remember the Radio City "Cascarino!!" commentary? Without Nev, we were a poorer team. When Bobby Mimms had to take his place due to injury in the 86 Cup Final, I knew we were going to struggle.
I think Southall was the best player I've seen in a blue shirt in the sense that he was the best in his position. Other factors make me chose the likes of Steven or McKenzie as my personal favourite

My favourite player is Kevin Mirallas. I believe he will be a cult hero by the end of the season, be loved, and love Everton too.

I think arteta for me... He was of a technical class and Spanish finesse I had never seen before at EFC. I simply just loved watching him on the ball for us.

Being a child of the 80's tho I have up most respect for players like sharp, Reid, cottee, sheed's steven's Watson, southall. Was great watching players like this as a young pup and the fact we were great was brilliant.

I'm old enough to have seen Bobby Collins and Roy Vernon. You didn't want to be anywhere else when they were doing their
thing at Goodison Park. What memories.

I loved Gary Lineker.

Everton were the best team back then and we had the best player.

Seasons fly by when you get older and all sort of merge together, but when you are a kid the season lasts forever. Kicking every ball the players did in the playground. I think that was the season I was top juniors. I was captain of the school football team, chess champion, house captain and dating twin sisters at the same time. And Everton were boss. Happy days!

Definitely Southall as a young kid as I always wanted to be a goalie, and always loved Stuart McCall for some reason, but all time favourite would have to be Duncan Ferguson. I loved watching him when he was breaking through at Dundee Utd, gutted when he was sold to Rangers, then delighted when he left Rangers to join us.

Andy Hinchcliffe.

I thought he was a quality player from the start but he had a terrible start to his Everton career breaking his pelvis and his child was ill at the time. With all that he never got a run in the side and then Kendall returned who obviously didnt fancy him seeing as he sold him twice.

Walker then came in and he got overlooked by him too and I kept telling everyone who would listen that we were wasting a talented player who just needed a bit of confidence and a decent run in the side. Then came Joe Royle and he become one of the big parts of our run of success going on to win the FA Cup.

His dead piece skills and crossing where quality, I used to love how he was facing our goal line and would flick the ball up in the air and clear it away and his goal against QPR in the last minute of a 3-2 win (coming from 2-0 down) is my favourite Everton goal of all time.

Wierd one this for me, but David Unsworth. I have no idea why, but I just loved the effort he put in, and he was an outsider, that just got what it was to be a blue.

Don't get me wrong, there are loads of players I love, like Kanchelskis, Watson, Southall, Ferguson, but something just brings me round to Rhino everytime.

I remember when he turned up to a game and sat in the Gwladys, he obviously got spotted and the chants of Rhino started ringing out, He had to move from his seat cause he was just constantly getting mobbed. He was interviewd about it afterwards and he said that it nearly brought tears to his eyes as he though that he would just be a forgotten player when he left.

Then of course the story of him just sacking Villa right off without even playing, or training once for them. Phone call on the M6 on his way down, and he was told that Everton were interested, he turned round at the next junction and came right back up to Liverpool, no questions asked.

Tim Cahill for me, so many magical memories he's given us over the years in a period we've been departing the doldrums under Moyes' tenure.

Tim Cahill for me, so many magical memories he's given us over the years in a period we've been departing the doldrums under Moyes' tenure.

If I have read this wrong then forgive me, but hae you labelled Moyes career stint as "The Doldrums"? Or saying that hes been a a part of the team to get us out of the doldrums?

Tony Cottee, as a kid watching Everton he was the first player to really make an impact on me with his performances my first few times at goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.