SpongeBob brown shoes

Player Valuation: £25m
Thing is, it doesnt take much for the fans to get behind the team. High press, few decent tackles, work rate usually has Goodison like a bear pit. It's an identity thing that the fans relate to. It's always worked.
Absolutely, show a bit of commitment and the fans always back that player, go hiding on the pitch they will let them know too, we've had to many bottlers in the squad for about 10 years now
 

Noble Savage

Player Valuation: £1m
Try not swearing if you are writing articles for people, we have young fans as well.

Silva OUT!
Yeah , I find that base language undermines any constructive debate .
Apart from that I did enjoy reading it although I have to disagree with most of it .
I don't think a sacking would destabilise us . A refusal to change tactics or man manage those who are not performing like our fans rightly deserve does make things shaky.
 

BernieH

Player Valuation: £25m
Yeah , I find that base language undermines any constructive debate .
Apart from that I did enjoy reading it although I have to disagree with most of it .
I don't think a sacking would destabilise us . A refusal to change tactics or man manage those who are not performing like our fans rightly deserve does make things shaky.
Swearing doesn't bothr me per se, but a public article, it comes across a bit crass.
 

NilSatisOptimum

Player Valuation: £25m
The start of the season has been tragic. The team have under performed. We have under performed.

Full article here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/10/09/fan-influence/
I actually thought that city game was our best performance and we would kick on, however, that Burnley game was several steps back.
That performance deserves distain given the context. So it's the player's (team) that need show us, why don't deserve some negative heckling...
 

brieverton

Player Valuation: £30m
The start of the season has been tragic. The team have under performed. We have under performed.

Full article here: https://www.grandoldteam.com/2019/10/09/fan-influence/
Commendations for writing this up, but I don't agree with the premise.

I think support for Everton both at home and away, and in general, has been magnificent for as long as I have been supporting the club, over 35 years.

I don't always expect us to win (hardly!) and don't always expect entertainment either.

But I do expect, and frequently don't get, more than the sort of tepid, turgid, plain boring performances that have been continually served up to a paying and supremely loyal fanbase.

I don't enjoy watching us, and it seems players don't much like playing for us either, in large part.

Some of that is on each player, and some is on the manager, who bears the ultimate responsibility for the team and formation he puts out.

If it was on us fans, our support would lead the team to the title each year.

It's for the millionaires to step us, not the fans.
 

Blue Juice

Player Valuation: £15m
The age of super bloos is no more.

The fact that people still bother to turn up while we're being spanked by championship teams week after week is more than the club should be expecting.

Mood around the club at the start of the season was bouncing, and using the inane reason that we play based on how the fans behave would leave you to believe we should have won each and every single game.

If watching Delph kick balls out of play, Sigurddson hide for 90 minutes, Richarlison spend 60% of his time sulking and the other 40% on the floor, Silva setting us up with 2 CDMs at home and pissing goals left right and centre to lower league grocks is meant to be enjoyed and cheered then maybe yeah, we're all crap fans for not supporting it
 
Last edited:

john jako

Player Valuation: £35m
I pay 41 quid every week to watch that shower of shoite in an obstructed view. I’ll clap and sing but when they stroll around and not even bother marking people on set pieces I’ll boo all I want.

Every season it’s the same old crap about blaming the fans. With travel, confectionary and ticket prices all in, it’s costs a small fortune. I will boo or shout at them all I want after spending my hard earned cash on them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top