2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s all very well calling him a joke now but no one was complaining when he signed and his record at City considering the competition for places was pretty good.

maybe it’s just a symptom of where we are as a club that he is yet another in a long line of players who have a net contribution of zero.
Sorry to disagree, but I think you're substantially overstating his contribution, there, mate.

Why are people saying the club are covering their backs by suspending the alleged player?
I think it’s the right thing to do in such a company that has children within its operating environment. Also it wasn’t Everton that gave the age of the player.
I’m sure until the truth is finally known, families will be pleased to be told publicly that the club takes these matters extremely seriously.
I’m sure Delph has legal representation, but I’m not sure he has a case against the club tbh.

he did nothing on the pitch when he was fit, it wasnt just injuries.

You say that like the two aint linked. If you are always injured for months on end you cant expect him to be fit and firing from the 1st game back takes weeks/months to get back upto match speed but his problem is he gets injured 2-3 weeks after coming back its a never ending cycle.

I argued on the Tosun thread that we should never pay his contract off so he can leave. In this fellas case I'll make an exception pay him up and get him off the books.

….I wouldn’t pander to his demands. A full years salary allows him to sign for somebody else on a Bosman.

I imagine the club are open to releasing him, it’s just a matter of how much the golden handshake might be. Very little if Norwich are genuinely interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.