2020/21 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh absolutely, but I actually think they're acting way better than Sunderland did. Admittedly Johnson clearly span them a stack of lies about innocence on all fronts when he then proceeded to plead guilty to some of the charges. Suspension is probably best all round. Albeit horrible for the player if indeed innocent (which we have to presume).
The presumption of innocence - which I completely support - is fine but like many other serious crimes (which involve physical danger) that people are accused of will leave any ultimately acquitted or uncharged person, who has been named, with a stain on their character. I am all for complete anonymity (because Vox Populi tend to always assume guilt no matter what the outcome).

And sometimes persons in the public eye are either falsely accused or set up. There are plenty of malicious people willing to play this game in all aspects of any (possible) criminal activity. The world is full of nasty people - not just those who are accused of crimes.

The presumption of innocence - which I completely support - is fine but like many other serious crimes (which involve physical danger) that people are accused of will leave any ultimately acquitted or uncharged person, who has been named, with a stain on their character. I am all for complete anonymity (because Vox Populi tend to always assume guilt no matter what the outcome).

And sometimes persons in the public eye are either falsely accused or set up. There are plenty of malicious people willing to play this game in all aspects of any (possible) criminal activity. The world is full of nasty people - not just those who are accused of crimes.
Yes, mud sticks.

Unfortunately the court of public opinion has an influence rightly or wrongly. After the Johnson trial and the stuff that emerged around Barry Bennell I think the club probably felt it had to confirm action and to not be 'sweeping under the carpet'.

Which is a difficult balance between maintaining anonymity and being to act (or actually acting appropriately). As I say I think I would have preferred quiet suspension until the charging outcome, but I do understand why. The Bennell case in particular highlights the dangers of clubs doing nothing. Such a tough balance.

He gets abuse because he's a bellend who can't STAY FIT and probably still thinks he's too good for us.

Not sure how to quote the exact comment but a BlueDino38 responded with this...

Sees player come on wearing the wrong socks.

Sees player get booked within minutes of coming on.

Sees player slice the ball comically backwards.

Sees player launch a quarter back pass straight out of play, 30 yards from the nearest team mate.

Wonders: is this a black thing?

*i really dont get these 'racism' shouts...how to say a player is bad without being 'racist' :eek:

Not sure how to quote the exact comment but a BlueDino38 responded with this...

Sees player come on wearing the wrong socks.

Sees player get booked within minutes of coming on.

Sees player slice the ball comically backwards.

Sees player launch a quarter back pass straight out of play, 30 yards from the nearest team mate.

Wonders: is this a black thing?

*i really dont get these 'racism' shouts...how to say a player is bad without being 'racist' :eek:

Says more about the world we now live in Zat, criticise black person therefore the motive for criticism must automatically be racist in some peoples eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.