2019/20 Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want any player injured.
Delph was signed to cover two or three positions and certainly not to play every week.
I don't think he was ever able to string a long number of games together without picking up an injury.
As a squad player he is useful but I think that he believes he is better than he really is.

We don't want any player injured.
Delph was signed to cover two or three positions and certainly not to play every week.
I don't think he was ever able to string a long number of games together without picking up an injury.
As a squad player he is useful but I think that he believes he is better than he really is.
Maybe not every week, but he was certainly bought to play regularly. No way a current England international is moving here having been told he's going to be mainly on the bench, and no way we're paying £90k a week for a squad filler. I think there was probably an expectation that he would be rotated with both Gomes and Gbamin as the main three in midfield.

Delph was definitely bought to start, he would have had a few options, I think he was bought to play between defence and midfield like Barry.
Unfortunately he Everton’d himself and became injury prone.
At least our midfield Gomes, Gblamin and Delph will be very good mates, spending so much time in the Gym.

Delph was definitely bought to start, he would have had a few options, I think he was bought to play between defence and midfield like Barry.
At least our midfield Gomes, Gblamin and Delph will be very good mates, spending so much time in the Gym.
He was injury prone before he came here he was a very bit part player at City in recent years for a reason. Also where is this winning attitude and spirit on the pitch? He has been a hopeless disappointment. Made worse by Gbamin's injury as his inadequacies have been shown up even more, but this was a bad signing.

Another player who has added absolutely nothing to the squad and completely dropped off his former level. This guy was good enough to play midfield and left back at City and for England yet when he arrives at Everton the odd time he’s bothered to get off his sick bed he’s made Schneiderlin look good.

I think he actually Captained England last season as well - very bizarre how he’s just dropped off a cliff. Perhaps needs to be amongst top level players and make up the numbers rather than having the pressure of being the main man himself.

I think he actually Captained England last season as well - very bizarre how he’s just dropped off a cliff. Perhaps needs to be amongst top level players and make up the numbers rather than having the pressure of being the main man himself.
As in what he did at Man City?

What he needs to do is pack in and retire because football clearly isn’t doing his body any good.

He was injury prone before he came here he was a very bit part player at City in recent years for a reason. Also where is this winning attitude and spirit on the pitch? He has been a hopeless disappointment. Made worse by Gbamin's injury as his inadequacies have been shown up even more, but this was a bad signing.
Yes I agree. Also, this winning mentality thing is so over rated.....everyone assumes that players who have won stuff have such a gulf in their mentality. The reality is that good players play for good teams and then they are more likely to win things. Players who were decent but are now on their way down play for teams that are then inferior, which reflects their current ability. It's a lot easier to go into a game thinking "we are going to win this" when you are passing to David Silva, Sergio Aguero and Raheem Sterling. I don't think that same mentality is there with Micky Kegs and Tom Davies passing the ball to you.

I think the bugge4 was an injury prone sick note long before we signed him.

Another player who has added absolutely nothing to the squad and completely dropped off his former level. This guy was good enough to play midfield and left back at City and for England yet when he arrives at Everton the odd time he’s bothered to get off his sick bed he’s made Schneiderlin look good.
He'd have been bulleted from City years ago if it wasn't for Mendy's injury woes gifting him a season at left-back.

I'd be surprised if he played as many as 10 league in midfield for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.