Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

i completely forgot his Villa season.

Yes thats a fairer viewpoint, namely that he isn't the right type of player. I do wonder what price for his versatility though, and also his leadership which has been lacking for some time. He seems a big character.
I'm happy to plave fsaith in Silva. I'm just saying from when I see him play 'm not overly impressed...I dont think Im alone in that either.

barkley 1 year left £15m

Delph 1 year left £8m

Delph is a much more rounded player who will give consistant perfromances

glad to see we are getting the hang of this 'business'

I get what your saying however I think the manager needs to change the way we play against the smaller teams. He doesn’t need to drop Gomes or Gana, can just change the set up of the whole team.
Fair point.

I think he's fallen into a system that is belt and braces.

I'm happy to plave fsaith in Silva. I'm just saying from when I see him play 'm not overly impressed...I dont think Im alone in that either.

No you're certainly not alone. He hasn't played a lot which is an issue. I liked him at Villa. I also thought he was very tidy at Left back while at City, but he's not as good as Digne. I like his leadership though, big characters are always welcome.

Jeepers, that is some wage, its obviously envisaged he is going to be a starter for us.
Thing about it is it blows a huge hole in the Brands plan to buy 25 years and below and (presumably by doing that), be senisble with wages.

It's a head scratcher from that sense alone.

Fair point.

I think he's fallen into a system that is belt and braces.

100%. Manager seems very stubborn which can be good but also bad. Hopefully he mixes things up in some games this season. I do like your two centre mids starting every game like your centre backs to get good partnerships going. (Accepting fitness and injury issues).

Anyway back on topic, at 10 mill it’s good business as am hoping brands won’t go stupid on wages.

Thing about it is it blows a huge hole in the Brands plan to buy 25 years and below and (presumably by doing that), be senisble with wages.

It's a head scratcher from that sense alone.

Looks a big wage to me, so they must be anticipate him having a key role.

I think everyone took that age thing a bit literally to be honest i think it was said with more of a fee/age ratio. The cost/benefit analysis here looks negligible and i think they have been looking for (and have needed) a mobile, athletic 8 for a while, we can flood the central midfield now and be less of a soft touch.

I also remember him saying there was value sitting on the bench of the CL clubs that he was looking to tap into. So im not sure its that left field. While with our limited finances im not surprised at us going for a value deal of this type.

One thing for certain we need a bit of blood letting at central midfield: Delph Gana, Gomez, Davies, Morgan, McCarthy, Besic, before we mention youngsters, thats a serious glut of senior central midfielders, we only need 4/5max.

I still suspect there will be a high value casualty.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.