Confirmed Signing Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about us signing Delph, the more I like it. We're missing a big personality in the team, and if he stayed fit, I think he could fit in nicely. If we can offload Besic and Mccarthy, to cover his fee, then I would say it would be a great addition, as those 2 are never getting near the first 11 again. Even if he's just signed to come in on the odd game to suit different tactics, as he's shown at his time at City, he's dependable, even if only used sparingly

No you're certainly not alone. He hasn't played a lot which is an issue. I liked him at Villa. I also thought he was very tidy at Left back while at City, but he's not as good as Digne. I like his leadership though, big characters are always welcome.
I agree with most of what you say, but I'm afraid Digne, if we do move into Champions league places will be found to be short all-round.

Thing about it is it blows a huge hole in the Brands plan to buy 25 years and below and (presumably by doing that), be senisble with wages.

It's a head scratcher from that sense alone.

Don’t understand this. Do people realize that a team full or young players isn’t the best mix? You need youth with some experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.