• Title challenge

Votes: 11 4.0%
  • Give me cheese

Votes: 26 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some realism amongst the support.

Target the Europa above the FA Cup and the League Cup as the rewards are better.

Exciting transfer incomings who push current first teamers to the bench, and some outgoings that move on established players who are at their ceiling now and can't move us forward.

Keep Ross and stop making him the whipping boy.

Keep Romelu if he wants to be part of Everton. Sell him quickly and expensively if not.

Buy Fabregas or similar.

Have a dependable goalkeeper.

A centre half / centre halves with mobility not a mobility-allowance.

We're probably finishing 7th this season in a very average League, if you take away the top 2. Despite Lukaku prob finishing top scorer, take him away, no matter who we buy, they're not gonna be banging them in at that rate. Keep hold of Rom, maybe we can get 5th or 6th with some astute buys, without him, where we are now. Utd, City will be much closer to Chelsea and Spurs. That'll be the top 4, who knows what will happen at Arsenal, then you have the RS, both of which will be throwing the cash around to strengthen what is already better than us.

I think that might be right mate. A lot depends on the summer window, if it's a shambles like last time you are spot on. That being said, there is currently a big gap between then top 7 and everyone else. West Brom are awful in 8th. Stoke and Southampton aren't much better below them. While we may lose points there is a big drop to those teams. I can see Leicester making a better go of it next season, and possibly Palace under Allardyce getting to 50 points. Of the rest I can't see many getting better.
I cant believe how poor and inconsistent the teams below have been. I've not seen that obvious a gap for a long time between best of the rest and the tail end of the PL. I doubt it'll happen again too soon.

I expect nothing but a sell to buy summer.

Depends on what you mean by investing well.

If it is the same as last summer then 7th.

Anywhere above 7th and how far we will go will depend on the quality of the new players. And the quantity too. I don't think playing kids as squad players is a good idea. We see what happened yesterday. Of course Davies looks like the real deal but DCL and Pennington etc...not sure.

This season we have been. Next season will be harder. Expectations will rise and this lot will buckle.
Will it?

You honestly think any of the teams below us are capable of a 14 point swing on us?

The Top 7 is the Top 7, it isn't changing anytime soon.

Ruffle the "Big Six" and challenge for the Top 4.

Last 4 of Europa League.

Big big summer ahead of us. Anything can happen.

Last edited:
Its not difficult to portray a narrative along the lines of any of the top 6, (excluding Chelsea) having significant issues next season.

You never know. Cracking Summer........

Assuming we do invest well in the summer where will we finish......I know season is not over

You can assume season is over. We will need to invest and big time in summer otherwise its another 7th place finish. If we lose lukaku and dont invest to replace 4/5 of the current first 11 we could be a mid table team. There is no doubt our squad is 7th place now and is not near good enough to challange for top 6 not to mind top 4. I predict 7th place again.

Status
Not open for further replies.