Evertonians in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet Paddy McWilliams is one of them ;)

Good lad is Paddy.....was a great mate of Patsy Slevin in the old days.

Think I know him as well KK from ESCLA days. Met him a few times in London with Pat pre-match. Small world.

I remember him telling me we were going to win the League early in the 92/93 season. I told him in that case I'd have whatever he was drinking. lol

I think I've only ever met 1 Chelsea fan here, and he was insistent it was a long standing thing. Anyone who 'supports' them now seems to have come onboard since their nouveau riche era began.

Yes there was a lot of interest in Arsenal in the late 70s when they had 8/9 Irish players in their team at one point. Fans (especially younger ones) seem to tend to follow PL teams where there are Irish players, hence the interest in Sunderland in recent years. With our Irish contingent at Everton there has definitely been an increase in our support in recent times among younger fans. Hopefully that's them hooked for life as we all are.

I know two lifelong Chelsea fans, both in their 50's and certainly the real deal. The younger ones who came in with Abramovich are effing unbearable.

Think I know him as well KK from ESCLA days. Met him a few times in London with Pat pre-match. Small world.

I remember him telling me we were going to win the League early in the 92/93 season. I told him in that case I'd have whatever he was drinking. lol

lol

Ed, I am sure our paths must have crossed back in those days, at matches in London and other points south.

McWilliams and Slevin were among a regular cast of ESCLA characters were in and out the ale houses with us.....and there were several Irish lads often around.

;)

lol

Ed, I am sure our paths must have crossed back in those days, at matches in London and other points south.

McWilliams and Slevin were among a regular cast of ESCLA characters were in and out the ale houses with us.....and there were several Irish lads often around.

;)
Talking of Pat's from ESCLA is Pat Connolly(sp?) still around?

Talking of Pat's from ESCLA is Pat Connolly(sp?) still around?

Pat Conneely.

You know, I haven't seen or heard of Pat in donkey's years.

He seemed to disappear of the radar though he is all right health wise because someone was saying they had bumped into him in London one day, must be a year or so ago.

And still on the subject of ESCLA Pat's, the legendary Paddy McGrath is still going strong......rarely misses a game and is to be found in the Royal Oak before the match these days ;)

....I like Ireland, up until recently was a regular visitor to Galway and Listowel for the racing. Saw a few Everton shirts when visiting.

Same here, Eggs.

At least twice per year to Belfast, Donegal or Wexford :)

And there are certainly plenty of Evertonians among my extended family in those areas ;)

Pat Conneely.

You know, I haven't seen or heard of Pat in donkey's years.

He seemed to disappear of the radar though he is all right health wise because someone was saying they had bumped into him in London one day, must be a year or so ago.

And still on the subject of ESCLA Pat's, the legendary Paddy McGrath is still going strong......rarely misses a game and is to be found in the Royal Oak before the match these days ;)
Thanks that's good, I was starting to think he was not with us us anymore.

Yes spoke to Paddy McGrath the other week I love how he can interchange two accents in the same conversation rather than having the one mixed accent!

As a youngster I remember that part of the trip with the old Dublin ESC in the early 80s was to meet the London train at Lime Street carrying the ESCLA lads. We had come over on the overnight B&I.

Never knew the characters but just remember them all being sound - maybe not politically correct in today's world mind you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.