Evertonians in Ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any other of these rare breeds like me out there?

The chances of seeing another Evertonian on the street are very slim, Were outnumbered compared to Liverpudlians, Plastic fans (Chelsea), Spurs fans, And Manchester Ushited fans. I was shocked when I was in Liverpool last week and you couldn't turn a corner without meeting a fellow Evertonian. Why can't Ireland be like this?
Plenty of Everton fans up here in Derry and Donegal, Sean. There are more United and Liverpool fans certainly, but I just find we don't go round wearing the shirts like supporters of other teams, so we're not as noticeable. If it was easier to buy the merchandise, then we might be more visible. Ireland has always been a natural constituency for Everton - as it is for other clubs, too, in fairness. As well as meeting plenty of Evertonians, you often meet people with Blue fathers and uncles and older brothers. I'm sure the club could do more to exploit that, especially with the number of Irish players currently in the club's ranks. In fairness to Everton, the club is willing to get involved in community schemes here, such as the recent link-up with Ballymoor FC in Derry.

Any other of these rare breeds like me out there?

The chances of seeing another Evertonian on the street are very slim, Were outnumbered compared to Liverpudlians, Plastic fans (Chelsea), Spurs fans, And Manchester Ushited fans. I was shocked when I was in Liverpool last week and you couldn't turn a corner without meeting a fellow Evertonian. Why can't Ireland be like this?

I've always thought Ireland was a large untapped market for the club

For a small town in Tipp, where i'm from, there's a fair few of us knocking about, obviously not near as many as there are rs or United.

There are so many of them tw@ts about it just serves as a constant reminder how lucky I am to not be one of them.
Anywhere near Fethard?

Yeah, if you saw a fellow Evertonian in the street your bound to exchange nods.

Exactly, there's an unspoken kinship that we all acknowledge. There's so many gloryhunting beauts with United jerseys, they don't even notice each other anymore. They probably don't recognise their own jersey from 4 seasons ago.

I've always thought Ireland was a large untapped market for the club

We had a debate on this very thing once, didn't we?

For a small town in Tipp, where i'm from, there's a fair few of us knocking about, obviously not near as many as there are rs or United.

There are so many of them tw@ts about it just serves as a constant reminder how lucky I am to not be one of them.
we are but a small an humble band of brothers

i live near newry in co.down and there are a few of us about up here although nowhere near the redshite and man u. arsenal would probably be the next best supported team around here but everton would be up there as well. a fella at work once asked me 'why did you choose to support everton'? i replied 'i did not choose, i was chosen'. the look on his face was priceless, he hadnt a clue what i was talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.