Everton Youth Teams Thread

Anyone further information on Evans' progress, nice first goal there, watched him couple of years back and he was the real stand out player despite being the youngest.

..my view, perhaps he’s a bit ‘hit and miss’. The club clearly think there is something there having rewarded him with a new contract, although his loan spells have been a bit disappointing. I haven’t seen him anywhere near the first team squad but he is a talent and I understand a few Championship clubs were sniffing around when his contract was coming to an end.

..my view, perhaps he’s a bit ‘hit and miss’. The club clearly think there is something there having rewarded him with a new contract, although his loan spells have been a bit disappointing. I haven’t seen him anywhere near the first team squad but he is a talent and I understand a few Championship clubs were sniffing around when his contract was coming to an end.

Surprise he wasn’t sent out on loan tbh. He needs testing again.

Turns 20 in a few weeks so still got time on his side. The club seem to rate him, Unsworth loves him, but doesn’t seem to even train with the first team.
Seems an age , 3 years ?, since Evans burst on the scene as a 16 year old scoring a burst of goals pre season for the then u21s. There was talk then of him being part of Roberto’s Golden Generation, and maybe he was the No10 Martinez refenced as a potential star. Now he’s a decent U23s player who sparkles occasionally, scores good goals occasionally but for me has fallen back into the Broadhead, Charsley group -“ good young players but maybe lacking something to make it with us , hope I’m wrong “ category.

Attachments

• 85AC0BAB-A81A-4EF2-8318-E136C7D481F5.png
    85AC0BAB-A81A-4EF2-8318-E136C7D481F5.png
    189.4 KB · Views: 154

Seems an age , 3 years ?, since Evans burst on the scene as a 16 year old scoring a burst of goals pre season for the then u21s. There was talk then of him being part of Roberto’s Golden Generation, and maybe he was the No10 Martinez refenced as a potential star. Now he’s a decent U23s player who sparkles occasionally, scores good goals occasionally but for me has fallen back into the Broadhead, Charsley group -“ good young players but maybe lacking something to make it with us , hope I’m wrong “ category.

I always had a feeling we’d try turn him into a striker. I know the growth spurt he had a couple of years back seemed to come at the wrong time. He regressed a fair bit for a while after that.