Everton Youth Teams Thread

With us getting a PL team in the carabao cup and the likelihood that it will be mainly PL teams in the next round I can’t see too many of our young lads getting first team opportunities once all the first team squad are up to speed and fit
Maybe a few loans in Jan will be necessary to give them game time
Dowell Beni and perhaps JJK need to get game time to progress

With us getting a PL team in the carabao cup and the likelihood that it will be mainly PL teams in the next round I can’t see too many of our young lads getting first team opportunities once all the first team squad are up to speed and fit
Maybe a few loans in Jan will be necessary to give them game time
Dowell Beni and perhaps JJK need to get game time to progress

What happens if Coleman gets injured?

Nice to see Evans get goals. For me as has been mentioned above he has struggled with his growth. At 16 he looked around 5:10/5:11 and a lad who'd probably become around 6ft at maturity. He was strong in his body and very in control of his movement. I know Arsenal were looking closely at him.

Since then he has shot up and must be close to 6 ft 2 now. I don't think it did him any good in the short term at all. He seemed to lose control of his running and was a bit clumsy. It is normal really, as players have to learn to adapt to their bodies growing and can cause a lot of pain as it happens. I am not sure he ever really got back to the form he showed at 16.

I look at him now and I still think he needs to "grow into his body" a little. He is very skinny and I think will fill out over the next year or 2 which will help him. If he does, and can rediscover the form he showed at 16 but in a more powerful mans body he will be a player. But we have to see.

It's nice to see him make a good start to the season with a couple of goals.

Holgate can play there if required
He will be 4th or fifth choice CB
He has played there before and done ok
I think it’s more important to get JJK game time to see if he can step up.
If not a RB will have to be bought

Holgate at RB is a horrid idea. I agree Kenny needs minutes but we’d be just making the same mistake we had last season at full-back.

Plus like said above Coleman is garbage at the minute so I’d give him a go.

Holgate at RB is a horrid idea. I agree Kenny needs minutes but we’d be just making the same mistake we had last season at full-back.

Holgate has played FB and done ok
I wouldn’t be writing Coleman off just yet
He played well with Walcott towards the end of last season

So a couple of bad games and Seamus is suddenly garbage
One of our best and most consistent players of the last 5 years is now rubbish
Ok so