Everton Youth Teams Thread

I can just see it ,: Trending : “ Joe Williams ate my eyebrow “ . Has to be careful he doesn’t get a Joey Barton type reputation , particularly in a division where there’s quite a few older, clever, narkyer players to exploit it.

..it’s a reflection of the lads character, no matter how unpleasant, lads like that have an attitude which can see them come through. We seen recently what Carragher is like below the surface. I wouldn’t defend Williams in the least but he’s got attitude.

I always had a feeling we’d try turn him into a striker. I know the growth spurt he had a couple of years back seemed to come at the wrong time. He regressed a fair bit for a while after that.

He went from powerful to lanky, has taken a while to catch up with his body type. Would like to see him go out on loan.

..it’s a reflection of the lads character, no matter how unpleasant, lads like that have an attitude which can see them come through. We seen recently what Carragher is like below the surface. I wouldn’t defend Williams in the least but he’s got attitude.
Attititude applocation and determination are often the fine lines that seperate those that make and those that don’t , as you have referenced in the past
I’ve coached a few schoolboy teams at a high level and I’ve seen a few make it who I never would have thought it
I’ve seen Niall Quinn as a sixteen yr old and there were at least 6 other players on that Manirtown team that were far superior to him and none ever progressed
I seen Richard Dunnes as a kid and while he had the size and strength a player called Alan Maybury ( Rangers ) was a far superior player
Nicky Byrne ( Leeds and Westlife ) was an outstanding goalkeeper at a young age but his heart was never in it

Oh yeh wasn’t meaning he wasn’t good enough for it there’s just a few lads a bit older that will be ahead of him. No point in him on the U23 bench when he can play a full season for the U18’s.
I'm of the same thinking as regards Gordon. He's made the step up to the U23s but is getting very little playing time. Not sure that's best for him tbh.Unless he's maybe not match fit after last season's injury, in which case give him a couple of run outs with the U18s anyway.

I'm of the same thinking as regards Gordon. He's made the step up to the U23s but is getting very little playing time. Not sure that's best for him tbh.Unless he's maybe not match fit after last season's injury, in which case give him a couple of run outs with the U18s anyway.

I know it’s a bench game but personally rather see the - in my eyes - less talented like Charsley be the back up to a Gordon. Hopefully we can stay in the youth cups to spread minutes around. If we only have league fixtures the subs get wasted development for a full year.

..my view, perhaps he’s a bit ‘hit and miss’. The club clearly think there is something there having rewarded him with a new contract, although his loan spells have been a bit disappointing. I haven’t seen him anywhere near the first team squad but he is a talent and I understand a few Championship clubs were sniffing around when his contract was coming to an end.
My view 2/3 years ago when all these players were coming through the system, was that Evans and Baningime were the two I thought had most chance of making it. I still feel the same re Beni, think he's going to be a star. Evans development hit a wall and I heard rumours it was due to a growth spurt. Seems to be getting some of his mojo back at times but he seems to be incredibly inconsistent at U23 level, which doesn't give me much confidence for his chances at first team level.

His stand out qualities for me were his finishing ability and his knack for making runs from deep, both skills that come naturally. If we can develop him he could become that illusive number 8 we crave. I agree with those calling for a loan move for him. He's 19 now so it really needs to be at championship level. Any lower would be pointless. If we can find a taker I'd be looking to offload him in January and let Gordon take his place in the U23s.

My view 2/3 years ago when all these players were coming through the system, was that Evans and Baningime were the two I thought had most chance of making it. I still feel the same re Beni, think he's going to be a star. Evans development hit a wall and I heard rumours it was due to a growth spurt. Seems to be getting some of his mojo back at times but he seems to be incredibly inconsistent at U23 level, which doesn't give me much confidence for his chances at first team level.

His stand out qualities for me were his finishing ability and his knack for making runs from deep, both skills that come naturally. If we can develop him he could become that illusive number 8 we crave. I agree with those calling for a loan move for him. He's 19 now so it really needs to be at championship level. Any lower would be pointless. If we can find a taker I'd be looking to offload him in January and let Gordon take his place in the U23s.

..I like to think of comparisons with more well known players, and Evans has always reminded me of Mick Channon. It’s not saying he’s as good, just that he’s a similar type.

..I like to think of comparisons with more well known players, and Evans has always reminded me of Mick Channon. It’s not saying he’s as good, just that he’s a similar type.
Interesting Eggs. I always considered Channon a striker, but although Evans has played up front at times I've always thought of him as a midfielder. As I said, his runs from deep where he goes beyond the striker always caught my eye. And Baningime was often the player to pick his runs which also caught my eye.

Fully deserved but a strange one. Last season when he was the age groups top scorer (and from an advanced midfield position too) he was completely overlooked by England. Now he's getting little more than "bit" time with the U23s he get's called up.
Last season, despite his goals , Gordon was apparently regarded as too similar to others in the England U17s squad and not offering anything new. It can be hard to do comparisons in the u18 league, but certainly the RS Curtis Jones outshone him in the derby match. Gordon is still our stand out 2nd year Scholar so hopefully he will get England game time and show what he’s got.

I agree with you about Evans and Beni Banginime also Liam Walsh, but Liam got impatient waiting for his chance and he
has gone to Bristol City, Anthony Evans, twelve months ago, seemed to have lost interest, hadn't come on much since his early days, then half way through last season he suddenly came to life, got all his old enthusiasm for the game back
in his play, was doing great then got a bad ankle injury and didn't play the back end of the season. He's now started well
this season, scoring and making goals, he is definitely one for the future and would possibly benefit from a loan move in
the championship or even first division, Beni is still out injured but might be better staying with the club and learning as
he goes along with our own senior players.

speaking of violent conduct. Ryan Ledson is not one of ours before but he got sent off too recently for a horrendous tackle, very similar to his famous U18 derby one lol