Everton Youth Teams Thread

The reason arnold was u19s and kenny u20s is probably because kenny is a year older.... oh and the fact Kenny kept Arnold out the u20 team...

Yes because of his age.

Trent was only 17 while kenny was 19 and bossing games. Hell yee kenny was above him, he was ahead in his development. I rate kenny, want him to get game time.

Just pointing out that theywas at diff age levels.

We need to replace Unsworth with a proper coach who isn't a kick and rush merchant. Our youth players stand out at every level up to u20s etc but are then suddenly overtaken and left miles behind the progression of other players, who regularly don't have as much natural talent.

People defend the fella but what's he done? He won a title on the back of Niasse goals, a 27 year old playing against kids. And he absolutely blew his big audition with hoofball nonsense and constant obsession with running about. Not one of his players has shown they will be a big player at this level. They stand out like sore thumbs for their lack of technical ability when they play in the first team. Something isn't right.

Huh ? Whats Unsworth done ?

He's got Kenny, Holgate, Galloway, Robinson, Connolly, Davies, Baningime, Williams, Dowell, Lewin in to the first squad. No other team in the prem has as many youth players in the swuad as we do.

They all stood out when they made their debuts. Their all still under 21 and will get much better now we have a real manager.

Wait, your not expecting them to be as good as Rooney are you ?

Amongst the recent youth call ups was Ryan Astley being called in to the Wales U19s squad for the first time, following him captaining the U17s last season. It’s for two games against Ireland next week. Wales don’t have an u18 squad so it’s a logical move for him . Our other two Wales U17s from last season, Rhys Hughes and Josh Hosie , haven’t been promoted yet, though I’d expect Hughes to be not too far away as he’s made a very promising start this season with our u18s.

Last season 16 year old Ryan Asltey made his debut for the u23s, Unsworth couldn't give him any more praise if he tried. Astley hasn't played for the u23s since, David Unsworth chooses to play ty browning (who'll be turning 25 this season and has only 11 months left on his contract) instead.

Surley Marcel Brands is going to step in at some point and put an end to Unsworth playing his mates ?

Browning, Pennington, Galloway, Garbutt, Grant, Baxter, Henen, Byrne = players who clearly have no future at this club, yet over the last 2 seasons Unwsorth has picked them ahead of upcoming prospects.

Last season 16 year old Ryan Asltey made his debut for the u23s, Unsworth couldn't give him any more praise if he tried. Astley hasn't played for the u23s since, David Unsworth chooses to play ty browning (who'll be turning 25 this season and has only 11 months left on his contract) instead.

Surley Marcel Brands is going to step in at some point and put an end to Unsworth playing his mates ?

Browning, Pennington, Galloway, Garbutt, Grant, Baxter, Henen, Byrne = players who clearly have no future at this club, yet over the last 2 seasons Unwsorth has picked them ahead of upcoming prospects.

Astley wouldn’t get an U23 game anyway if they weren’t here.

Astley wouldn’t get an U23 game anyway if they weren’t here.
Well there’s sense in integrating Astley into full time training with the 18s, but if Browning and Pennington had gone on loan early then with Feeney and Gibson injured our next in line would have been Ouzounidis, Michael Collins and Astley so I think he would have got U23s game time.
But the U23s are part of the overall set up so Unsworth wouldn’t have made the decisions about Pennington/Browning/Galloway in isolation, in the same way that Kenny played right back recently not because we were short at RB, he needed game time. I can live with Astley being in the u18s for now he’s got so much potential, we’ll see him in the U23s sometime this season...... as you know I’ve rated him very highly all based on that one appearance against Blackburn with a dodgy camera and no sound, so would be nice to see more. The Vaults were made for such predictions :)

Well there’s sense in integrating Astley into full time training with the 18s, but if Browning and Pennington had gone on loan early then with Feeney and Gibson injured our next in line would have been Ouzounidis, Michael Collins and Astley so I think he would have got U23s game time.
But the U23s are part of the overall set up so Unsworth wouldn’t have made the decisions about Pennington/Browning/Galloway in isolation, in the same way that Kenny played right back recently not because we were short at RB, he needed game time. I can live with Astley being in the u18s for now he’s got so much potential, we’ll see him in the U23s sometime this season...... as you know I’ve rated him very highly all based on that one appearance against Blackburn with a dodgy camera and no sound, so would be nice to see more. The Vaults were made for such predictions :)

Kenny has a future at this club, browning, pennington, galloway dont. Astley should be ahead of all of them in the pecking order. Browning is out of contract this season so theres no point in giving him games. Yet unsworth does, just like last season when he played 26 year old jose baxter ahead of 16 year old anthony gordon, even though baxter clearly had nothing to offer this club. Seems to me Unsworth cares more about sentiment of players who couldnt cut a career for themselevss than he does about the development of his youth players (you know, his job!)

Oh yeh wasn’t meaning he wasn’t good enough for it there’s just a few lads a bit older that will be ahead of him. No point in him on the U23 bench when he can play a full season for the U18’s.