Everton Youth Teams Thread

All the clubs put kids in to schools now, we use Wade Deacon, as has been said, but City use a very expensive fee paying school and promise that once you join, they'll pay your fees for your 5 years there even if they release you which is bordering on a 100k commitment per child.

They have kept 21 year 6 kids on this year so next year they will have 21 kids going in to St. Bede's in September.
Mind blowing sums of money that over 2 milllion on one year group over the course of there schooling.

I'm not overly familiar with how each national age groups picks their players, but shouldn't Davies be considered for the U-21s at this point, considering he a regular in a top 7 side in the Prem? Most of these guys playing for England against Denmark today couldn't hold his jock.

I'm not overly familiar with how each national age groups picks their players, but shouldn't Davies be considered for the U-21s at this point, considering he a regular in a top 7 side in the Prem? Most of these guys playing for England against Denmark today couldn't hold his jock.

he wasnt involved with the u19s this afternoon, he better not have picked up an injury in their game the other day!

...it's a fair point. The English FA is an old school, pompous outfit who believe time has stood still for 100 years. The game is different these days, the money paid to individuals should surely mean the FA shouldn't be able to dictate who plays where and when.

The rules should dictate that players who are regulars in the top leagues in the world should only be eligible for open age representative football.

...it's a fair point. The English FA is an old school, pompous outfit who believe time has stood still for 100 years. The game is different these days, the money paid to individuals should surely mean the FA shouldn't be able to dictate who plays where and when.

The rules should dictate that players who are regulars in the top leagues in the world should only be eligible for open age representative football.

So you're saying the FA is saying he can't play up like Everton do with it's youth? That's really odd.

The fact that Tom D isn't in that England u21 squad makes me laugh enormously. And when I looked through the list of absolute scrap who were selected, It made me laugh even harder. This is a kid who would have added to the performance of the senior squad yesterday. Apparently he needed protected at u19 level. Yeah cause he looks real out of his depth in the premier league doesn't he....

So you're saying the FA is saying he can't play up like Everton do with it's youth? That's really odd.

..I'm saying that perhaps lads of advanced ability should be fast tracked and only available for open age representative football. It almost seems a backward development step to go from Premiership to U19 football. I'm not saying Davies would get picked for the full international side but after a certain number of top flight games he should only be eligible for top flight representative footy.