Everton Youth Teams Thread

Solanke has been really good for the England youth teams, real shame he hasn't had any chance to see if he can do the same in the English leagues yet.

"José Mourinho stated a belief that he should blame himself were Solanke not to become a senior Englandinternational under his management, and indicated that the player would train with the first-team squad during the 2014–15 season"

Him and Abraham joining us in the summer. Heard it here first*

*no inside info at all , just logical moves for us.

...on a day of a big announcement, this appointment might also turn out to be major progression for the club.
Indeed, Dave Adams as our Academy Head of Coaching looks like an astute signing from his background.I'm puzzled though that he left Swansea 7 weeks ago, presumably because he was offered the job with us, so why announce it today when it would be buried by other news. In many ways it looks like he will complement Peter Vint,in bringing in the specific football knowledge , I wonder where it leaves Kevin Sheedy though .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...tingham-forest-sign-teenager-brennan-johnson/

Everton are in talks with Nottingham Forest over a deal for teenage midfielder Brennan Johnson, as the club step up their search for the country’s leading young talents.

Johnson, 15, is the son of former Forest and Ipswich striker David and Everton have seen a number of bids rejected by the Championship club.

Everton want to sign the England under-16 international this season but have been told to pay around £1million, with director of football Steve Walsh now expected to enter negotiations. The deal could go to a tribunal if Everton fail to agree a fee.

Johnson has been a regular in Forest’s under-18s this season and is the latest talent to emerge from the club’s highly regarded academy.

Ben Brereton, the striker, is another Forest teenager to attract attention from the top-flight while other youngsters such as Joe Worrall and Arvin Appiah have been frequently scouted.

Everton have revamped their recruitment department since the appointment of Walsh last year and are committed to signing exciting young players for the future.

Ademola Lookman, 19, was signed for £11million from Charlton Athletic in January and has already broken into Ronald Koeman’s first-team, scoring four minutes into his Premier League debut against Manchester City.

Walsh said: “The most important thing is the recruitment of players for the first team, but I'm also conscious of the fact we have a good academy and good young players coming through.

“Doing that is the hallmark of a successful club. We will build on what we've got and take the club forward."

Looks intresting , seems a good signing.
Anybody know if we have an plans education wise for the kids as the likes of City seem to be offering an edcation package as part of there deals?
Our relationship is with Wade Deacon School , Widnes , schooling plus training at USM FF, Davies came through that way.It's not the same package as City offer at I believe a fee-paying school.

...I did post that there was real interest from Championship clubs in the lad. I also posted that the club might 'reluctantly' agree to let him go if the player wants to leave. There are a number of players ahead of him in the queue and the attraction of regular first team football elsewhere might just be too much of a pull.

Disappointing as it might be, a move could happen.

Train them up and let them go if there's no chance for them here and now. They'll have a chance to return, if it's in the stars.

Looks intresting , seems a good signing.
Anybody know if we have an plans education wise for the kids as the likes of City seem to be offering an edcation package as part of there deals?

All the clubs put kids in to schools now, we use Wade Deacon, as has been said, but City use a very expensive fee paying school and promise that once you join, they'll pay your fees for your 5 years there even if they release you which is bordering on a 100k commitment per child.

They have kept 21 year 6 kids on this year so next year they will have 21 kids going in to St. Bede's in September.