Everton Youth Teams Thread

With respect I have to regretfully disagree. I cant fathom Rhino being in charge of our first team in the foresseable future for the very reason that the trajectory of the club under Moshiri et al is desgined to rise rapidly once the stadium issue is sorted/approved.

I just cant see Rhino being the high profile, big reputation manager that will be desired to lead us into the new stadium (lets say 5 years from now) and probable new era. I dont think you can go for a manager profile in Koeman to one of Unsworth without Rhino going away and proving himself quite quickly.

Our profile has increased enourmously over the last twelve months in my opinion; as has the attitude of the club. I think when Koeman goes we will simply go out and attract as bigger name as Koeman is rather than go to our reserve team manager. It will be befitting of the trajectory the club is seemingly wanting to go to.

I respect Rhino and admire him but I sense his timing is unfortunate. Stay at Goodison, no takeover etc..he would be a great candidate. But for where the club wishes to go, and the profile the club needs (for better revenues/players etc), Rhino isnt a big enough name nor is he proven.

In my eyes he needs to go out of the club and prove himself rapidly to be in with a chance of the job full time within the next five years or so. Even then I think he is up against it.
You may well be right mate but I think it could go either way at the moment. I'm hoping/expecting RK to attract some class players in the next 2/3 windows who can walk into, and improve, the starting XI immediately. I'm also hoping/expecting that the club will continue it's recent policy of buying in quality younger players that require further development, to supplement those we already have coming through the academy.

I'm hoping that strategy, together with RKs managerial ability, will have us challenging, not just for the top 4, but also for the title by the end of his time here. That, in itself, should make us an attraction for some of the better players to come to.

It's where Moshiri decides to go from there. Will he go the Chelsea/Man City route of buying in the finished article for big money? Or will he go the route favoured by many German and Spanish clubs of buying/developing younger players and promoting coaches from within their systems. My preference is for the latter, and that's all my post is saying. I'm not predicting it's going to happen and you could very easily turn out to be right.

You may well be right mate but I think it could go either way at the moment. I'm hoping/expecting RK to attract some class players in the next 2/3 windows who can walk into, and improve, the starting XI immediately. I'm also hoping/expecting that the club will continue it's recent policy of buying in quality younger players that require further development, to supplement those we already have coming through the academy.

I'm hoping that strategy, together with RKs managerial ability, will have us challenging, not just for the top 4, but also for the title by the end of his time here. That, in itself, should make us an attraction for some of the better players to come to.

It's where Moshiri decides to go from there. Will he go the Chelsea/Man City route of buying in the finished article for big money? Or will he go the route favoured by many German and Spanish clubs of buying/developing younger players and promoting coaches from within their systems. My preference is for the latter, and that's all my post is saying. I'm not predicting it's going to happen and you could very easily turn out to be right.
Duncan may also being groomed for the manager role so that would also be competition and he may be ina better position to be a natural porgressor given he is working closely with Koeman?

I think that Steve Walsh will have a big part in finding Koemans replacement when/if he leaves.

I think Walsh was in the right place at the right time at Leicester and is riding on the wave of good fortune that came his way. I bet he can't believe his luck. I don't honestly believe he has much to offer. Will be happy if proved wrong, and he pops up with world beaters in the summer!

Duncan may also being groomed for the manager role so that would also be competition and he may be ina better position to be a natural porgressor given he is working closely with Koeman?
You could be right mate. Personally think he will be behind Unsworth in the pecking order as all he's done so far is coach player, and there is a big difference between coaching and managing players as you know from past number 2s who have taken over. Of course, there's also a big difference between managing experienced professionals an youths. But I like the way he's handled the likes of Niasse which must have been a very difficult situation for him.

NORWICH just beat WOLVES 5-0 in the premier league group cup game meaning we need to beat Portsmouth on monday to progress to the Knockout stage [last 16]-we Beat Portsmouth 3-1 at Goodison few weeks before xmas,and if as usual in the next round games are level at 90 mins,they have extra time and then pens,when [hopefully] we get there monday night

NEXT CUP GAME

PORTSMOUTH V EVERTON 27TH FEB,7PM KICK OFF

TABLE PREMIER LEAGUE CUP-UPDATED

Norwich 10 points from 6 games - score 13,con 9 -[GD plus 4]
Portsmouth 8 points from 5 games - score 9,con 5 - [GD plus 4]
Everton 7 points from 5 games - score 6,con 7 -[GD minus 1]
Wolves 5 points from 6 games - score 7,con 14-[GD minus 7]

Sunderland u23,Brighton u23s,west ham u23s,Liverpool u23s,Reading u23s,[and Very likely Blackburn u23] are teams that will 100% be in the last 16, other teams are tight in there groups with some going to last game to decide who gets to last 16

Well deserved , he's been the non flashy , get stuck in on a wet night in Southport heart of our U23s when he played over the past few seasons. I genuinely feared for him with the injuries he had, and I have to say he looked down the pecking order behind Davies, Walsh , Dowell and even Ledson a year or so ago. Unsy sees these guys in training which we don't and you suspect that Joe trains like he plays, 100% with all his heart and energy. I've often felt he had too difficult a job to break through in our very talented and congested midfielders , but have to say I was almost startled at times the other night with the skilful touches he showed in a further advanced midfield role. The competition he's got even against fellow U23s like Walsh, Beni and Dowell is still fierce , but 3 years to prove himself is a great deal. And he made the breakthrough into the England u20 set up last year, can't remember if he ever actually started, but that's another target for him to get back to, think it would be u21 now.

Amazing how the Echo sub-editors always try to cast things in the worst light - according to their headline, Koeman 'admits' not many of the youth are ready.

Whereas according to Koeman in the story, it would be difficult for some of the youth to break into the team because of the current competition in midfield.

They used to publish a paper instead of a click-hungry rag staffed with illiterate work-experience chancers dreaming of the day they can write captions about women 'flaunting' their underwear and Z-list reality TV scandals.