Everton Youth Teams Thread

...they must really like what they see of the lad to extend his contract at this stage. I presume he’s now leapfrogged Gibson in the pecking order.
Is it not just that he could only sign a contract for a maximum of 3 years because of his age? So we’ve effectively now just extended it so that it doesn’t finish mid season?

...they must really like what they see of the lad to extend his contract at this stage. I presume he’s now leapfrogged Gibson in the pecking order.
Hard to tell, I posted in another thread that I thought that Gibson would be ahead of Branthwaite if they were both at the club together. Gibson’s nearly two years older , more experienced at U23s and had a good spell at Fleetwood and showed last night he can play left CB in a three as well as cover LB. Branthwaite has leaped ahead of the older Ouzounidis and Astley, and given he’s only been active with us a few months hes done fantastically well.
“ Training with the first team” with Carlo actually means they’re involved , coached and made ready to step up , previously all they seemed to do was run around the pitch together and then go back to the U23 or Unsworth would moan. Clearly shows the need to have 1st team and U23s playing the same system, not just so that the step up is easier but the step down back to play U23s is seamless too.

Teenage Danish defender Sebastian Kristensen will stay at Everton until at least June 2022 after signing a two-year professional contract with the Club.

Kristensen, an authoritative and composed centre-half, joined Everton from Lyngby BK in his homeland in April 2019.

His arrival was delayed by a head injury but after linking up with Everton Under-18s in January this year he quickly forced himself into Paul Tait’s squad.

Kristensen viewed his injury setback as “a challenge to see how far I can go” and the 17-year-old confirmed his complete recovery with two appearances from the bench in February.

He will rejoin manger Tait’s group when Everton Under-18s report back to USM Finch Farm for pre-season training after the 2019/20 campaign was curtailed in March following the coronavirus outbreak.

Are we stockpiling centre halves ?
Kristensen can also cover right back apparently . I’m a glass half full guy, with him we have potentially 4 decent u18 CBs, and 3 CBs at U23s not including Gibson. 5 have got pro contracts so far, normally I’d say you’d hope 2 to come through, comparing recent CBs we’ve had at their similar ages I’d be optimistic on that. But as they’ve still got our U23s to negotiate I’d settle for 1 . Add in the Carlo factor though and we’re back to 2 :)

Boyhood Evertonian Sebastian Quirk says signing a first professional contract with the Club “means everything to me and my family” after penning a two-year deal until the end of June 2022.

The 18-year-old midfielder has made impressive progress during his time at the Everton Academy.

Having played consistently for Paul Tait’s exciting Everton Under-18s team during the first half of the 2019/20 campaign, Quirk’s fine performances saw him promoted to the Blues’ Under-23s set-up.

He made four Premier League 2 appearances for David Unsworth’s side before the season was curtailed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Merseyside-born youngster, who joined the Club aged 11, revealed the pride he feels every time he pulls on an Everton shirt and insists he will continue working hard to develop his game.

“I’ve supported Everton my whole life so signing a first pro deal is a huge moment for me and my family,” Quirk told evertonfc.com.

“My family has helped me the whole way through my career so far. They’ve been amazing. We are all Blues and for me to be representing Everton… It’s mad, really.

“Most of my mates are Evertonians, too, and they’re all over the moon for me.

“It’s a bit surreal for us all.

“Last season went very well. I had a very good start and then I pushed on to the Under-23s towards the end of it.

“Hopefully I can do even better next season.”

Quirk says his primary goal for the 2020/21 campaign is to cement a position in the Everton Under-23s starting XI.

The versatile midfielder admits performing at that level represents a significant step up but is confident he boasts the tools to successfully make the transition.

“It’s tougher than the Under-18s, obviously, and you’ve got a lot less time on the ball,” he explains.

“But I have found it okay so far.

“I’m a player that will always give everything. Even if I’m not having the best of games, every game I will give my best. I’m hard-working.

“Next season, I want to try to get a place in the Under-23s team and then stay in there.”

Boyhood Evertonian Sebastian Quirk says signing a first professional contract with the Club “means everything to me and my family” after penning a two-year deal until the end of June 2022.

The 18-year-old midfielder has made impressive progress during his time at the Everton Academy.

Having played consistently for Paul Tait’s exciting Everton Under-18s team during the first half of the 2019/20 campaign, Quirk’s fine performances saw him promoted to the Blues’ Under-23s set-up.

He made four Premier League 2 appearances for David Unsworth’s side before the season was curtailed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Merseyside-born youngster, who joined the Club aged 11, revealed the pride he feels every time he pulls on an Everton shirt and insists he will continue working hard to develop his game.

“I’ve supported Everton my whole life so signing a first pro deal is a huge moment for me and my family,” Quirk told evertonfc.com.

“My family has helped me the whole way through my career so far. They’ve been amazing. We are all Blues and for me to be representing Everton… It’s mad, really.

“Last season went very well. I had a very good start and then I pushed on to the Under-23s towards the end of it.

Quirk says his primary goal for the 2020/21 campaign is to cement a position in the Everton Under-23s starting XI.

The versatile midfielder admits performing at that level represents a significant step up but is confident he boasts the tools to successfully make the transition.

“It’s tougher than the Under-18s, obviously, and you’ve got a lot less time on the ball,” he explains.

“I’m a player that will always give everything. Even if I’m not having the best of games, every game I will give my best. I’m hard-working.

“Next season, I want to try to get a place in the Under-23s team and then stay in there.”
Seems to have done well getting to the u23s quickly, know what type of player he is?

This was in the Echo about two weeks ago , our club communications department is getting worse.!

FC Twente supposedly looking to take Nathangelo Markelo on loan for next season. Article says that DOF Marcel Brands wants the player to gain experience .

Striker makes move permanent after initial loan spell

- Huddersfield Town completes permanent signing of Kieran Phillips
- Striker has spent six months on loan with the Terriers
- 20-year-old pens a one-year deal at the Club

Kieran Phillips has completed a permanent transfer to Huddersfield Town from Premier League club Everton, subject to EFL approval.

The 20-year-old striker initially joined the Terriers on loan in January 2020 and has really impressed, scoring six goals in just four starts and three substitute appearances for the Elite Development Team and Under-19 side.

He has now made the move permanent, putting pen-to-paper on a contract running until the summer of 2021.

This move makes Kieran a permanent Town player for the second time; he was in the Town Academy before his prolific goalscoring record saw him move west to join the Toffees at Under-13 level.

Kieran is one of the players who has been back at Canalside since the restart of the season, where he has trained regularly with the First Team.

Huddersfield Town Academy Manager Emyr Humphreys commented:

“Kieran has really impressed us throughout his loan and we’re delighted to complete this permanent transfer.

“He’s a player with a lot of potential. He’s a very intelligent, articulate young man who is a natural goal scorer; you can never have enough of those.

“We’ve already seen the improvement in him through our training and games programme and it’s been fantastic to see him in and around First Team training during this period.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him continue to improve over the coming weeks and months