Everton Youth Teams Thread

Well he was only 17 in March , that’s when contracts are offered, and with lockdown etc it may have disrupted things, I don’t think they’re back training yet. This time our Academy has been even weirder than usual , drip feeding out contract information. I saw in the Echo the other week that 7 named Scholars were being retained, odd as they just move on up to 2nd year any way usually. One name was Harry Hagan, who now has been given a pro contract so hard to tell what’s going on . Expect further announcements shortly.
Read things about a week ago that said they and not just Everton but everyone,were going back in August for training,and they are told sep 12th is the ko at earliest [no idea if true about training]

He must be delighted at making the match day squad and being involved in so much first team training. Just from the training shots, he looks absolutely enormous, like as big as Michael Keane if not a bit bigger. Well built as well. If he keeps growing that will give him a huge chance.

It's not been remarked upon so much, but the pathways comment is so important. It looks to have clinched the deal for the French lad we've signed and this guy. There are so many advantages to Gordon getting into the team and doing well (alongside hopefully Davies but also Holgate and Calvert Lewin). For every parent that is 3 or 4 players we've brought into our under 23's who now make up part of our starting 11. It probably helps swing it for certain players.

He must be delighted at making the match day squad and being involved in so much first team training. Just from the training shots, he looks absolutely enormous, like as big as Michael Keane if not a bit bigger. Well built as well. If he keeps growing that will give him a huge chance.

It's not been remarked upon so much, but the pathways comment is so important. It looks to have clinched the deal for the French lad we've signed and this guy. There are so many advantages to Gordon getting into the team and doing well (alongside hopefully Davies but also Holgate and Calvert Lewin). For every parent that is 3 or 4 players we've brought into our under 23's who now make up part of our starting 11. It probably helps swing it for certain players.

I think a new deal 6 months after signing shows the confidence the club have in him.

Well he was only 17 in March , that’s when contracts are offered, and with lockdown etc it may have disrupted things, I don’t think they’re back training yet. This time our Academy has been even weirder than usual , drip feeding out contract information. I saw in the Echo the other week that 7 named Scholars were being retained, odd as they just move on up to 2nd year any way usually. One name was Harry Hagan, who now has been given a pro contract so hard to tell what’s going on . Expect further announcements shortly.
Tom Cannon was on the Echo‘s list I’d expect him to get a contract too soon.

It does look as if we are slowly releasing information. I mean Onyango I don't worry about massively as we know he's trained with the first team squad, and like Dobbin they seem to have a clear plan for moving him forward. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't been called up to the first team squad given the injuries we've had really.

It looks as if we have ticked over most of that year group onto 2nd year scholar terms, which is still a contract but not a formal one, but they are getting information drip fed out of them. I'd expect Cannon and Onyango to be the next 2 to sign formal deals.

It does look like the club are being more restrictive as to who they are offering contracts too though, which also probably makes some sense and avoids the log jams that are in existence.

The perceived pathway is crucial and seemingly more important to younger players and parents than it ever was . Dortmund seem to have it absolutely spot on they are able to attractive top youngsters develop them and sell for big profits .that's why I think it's crucial we give moise kean every chance and opportunities to grow and develop and not just get rid within the first year ,a young player in a new country will need a bit more time and patience

...they must really like what they see of the lad to extend his contract at this stage. I presume he’s now leapfrogged Gibson in the pecking order.

It does look as if we are slowly releasing information. I mean Onyango I don't worry about massively as we know he's trained with the first team squad, and like Dobbin they seem to have a clear plan for moving him forward. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't been called up to the first team squad given the injuries we've had really.

It looks as if we have ticked over most of that year group onto 2nd year scholar terms, which is still a contract but not a formal one, but they are getting information drip fed out of them. I'd expect Cannon and Onyango to be the next 2 to sign formal deals.

It does look like the club are being more restrictive as to who they are offering contracts too though, which also probably makes some sense and avoids the log jams that are in existence.

hopefully a sign that players like mcaleney, garbutt and pennington will be a distant memory.

...they must really like what they see of the lad to extend his contract at this stage. I presume he’s now leapfrogged Gibson in the pecking order.

I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

A couple of wider points on this. Firstly I do wonder if Braithwaite as a 4th choice and Keane's form will reduce our need to sign a CB and allow us to focus on other areas? Secondly I saw Gibson play at left back for Fleetwood yesterday, so again that could be an option for him if he returns?

I would imagine Braithwaite is ahead of Gibson though, and Gibson may go out on loan, ideally to a higher level club as a result. We appear to have a couple of good young centre backs there which is always a positive.

I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption to make.

A couple of wider points on this. Firstly I do wonder if Braithwaite as a 4th choice and Keane's form will reduce our need to sign a CB and allow us to focus on other areas? Secondly I saw Gibson play at left back for Fleetwood yesterday, so again that could be an option for him if he returns?

I would imagine Braithwaite is ahead of Gibson though, and Gibson may go out on loan, ideally to a higher level club as a result. We appear to have a couple of good young centre backs there which is always a positive.

...and Con Ouzonoudis given a 12 months extended contract.