Everton Youth Teams Thread

Getting some sorted out these last few months,here is another

Talented centre-back Harry Hagan has signed a first professional contract with Everton, penning a two-year deal with the Club until the end of June 2022.

England youth international Hagan has made consistent progress since joining Everton’s Academy aged 10.

A strong, commanding defender who is comfortable in possession, the 17-year-old featured regularly for Everton’s Under-18s side during the 2019/20 campaign.

His accomplished performances impressed for Paul Tait’s team, who were third in the U18 Premier League (North) table before the season was halted due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Merseyside-born Hagan is an Everton Season Ticket Member.

He was in the same England side as Dobbin. Seems to have fallen down the pecking order a little this season, and Welch has been the preferred CB, but hopefully next season he can kick on. A 2 year deal is something of a vote of confidence, though the top younger players seem to be getting 3 year deals.

I see we are likely to sign 19 year old left back/ midfielder Niels Nkounkou from Marseille on a free transfer, train with first team play in the U23s . The transfer thread is probably more up to date than me.
I did see that Angel Gomes Man Us 19 year old attacking mid hasn’t signed a new contract and has left them , he was rated as one of their best prospects a couple of years ago but faded of late. His agent probably has a move abroad in mind but I’d snap him up if we could .

Teenage midfielder Sean McAllister has signed a first professional contract with Everton, penning a two-year deal until the end of June 2022.

The 17-year-old Northern Irishman has been rewarded for an impressive maiden campaign for Everton, having joined the Blues from Dungannon Swifts last summer.

An energetic midfield player who combines quality in possession with a strong work ethic and eye for goal, McAllister regularly featured for Paul Tait’s talented Everton Under-18s side during the 2019/20 season.

McAllister, from Randalstown, County Antrim, is a current Northern Ireland Under-17 international.

I see we are likely to sign 19 year old left back/ midfielder Niels Nkounkou from Marseille on a free transfer, train with first team play in the U23s . The transfer thread is probably more up to date than me.
I did see that Angel Gomes Man Us 19 year old attacking mid hasn’t signed a new contract and has left them , he was rated as one of their best prospects a couple of years ago but faded of late. His agent probably has a move abroad in mind but I’d snap him up if we could .
He's got Portuguese roots so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there next. Vitoria seem to be keen on scouting English youngsters at the moment. Might be a good place to be until he develops more physicality. Looks a talent though.

He's got Portuguese roots so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up there next. Vitoria seem to be keen on scouting English youngsters at the moment. Might be a good place to be until he develops more physicality. Looks a talent though.
I would imagine Nkounkou has been made a “ training with the 1st team , we’ll develop you” promise. By coincidence I saw that Marcus Edwards scoring a wonder goal for Vitoria the other day , I remember him as a diminutive winger tearing the ar3e out of our u 23s defence a few years ago.

I would imagine Nkounkou has been made a “ training with the 1st team , we’ll develop you” promise. By coincidence I saw that Marcus Edwards scoring a wonder goal for Vitoria the other day , I remember him as a diminutive winger tearing the ar3e out of our u 23s defence a few years ago.
Yeah he's been doing well in Portugal. Rumours of Porto coming in for him.

A bit worried Tyler Onyango hasn't signed a professional deal yet.
Well he was only 17 in March , that’s when contracts are offered, and with lockdown etc it may have disrupted things, I don’t think they’re back training yet. This time our Academy has been even weirder than usual , drip feeding out contract information. I saw in the Echo the other week that 7 named Scholars were being retained, odd as they just move on up to 2nd year any way usually. One name was Harry Hagan, who now has been given a pro contract so hard to tell what’s going on . Expect further announcements shortly.
Tom Cannon was on the Echo‘s list I’d expect him to get a contract too soon.

Last edited: