Everton Youth Teams Thread

Striker makes move permanent after initial loan spell

- Huddersfield Town completes permanent signing of Kieran Phillips
- Striker has spent six months on loan with the Terriers
- 20-year-old pens a one-year deal at the Club

Kieran Phillips has completed a permanent transfer to Huddersfield Town from Premier League club Everton, subject to EFL approval.

The 20-year-old striker initially joined the Terriers on loan in January 2020 and has really impressed, scoring six goals in just four starts and three substitute appearances for the Elite Development Team and Under-19 side.

He has now made the move permanent, putting pen-to-paper on a contract running until the summer of 2021.

This move makes Kieran a permanent Town player for the second time; he was in the Town Academy before his prolific goalscoring record saw him move west to join the Toffees at Under-13 level.

Kieran is one of the players who has been back at Canalside since the restart of the season, where he has trained regularly with the First Team.

Huddersfield Town Academy Manager Emyr Humphreys commented:

“Kieran has really impressed us throughout his loan and we’re delighted to complete this permanent transfer.

“He’s a player with a lot of potential. He’s a very intelligent, articulate young man who is a natural goal scorer; you can never have enough of those.

“We’ve already seen the improvement in him through our training and games programme and it’s been fantastic to see him in and around First Team training during this period.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him continue to improve over the coming weeks and months

Good luck to him he’s been savaged by injuries in the last few years. The bit that caught my eye was “

“We’ve already seen the improvement in him through our training and games programme and it’s been fantastic to see him in and around First Team training during this period.” It mirrors what Burnley said about Max Thompson recently after he joined them from our U18s . Maybe neither will get very far , we can’t keep them all etc and improving to Huddersfield’s standards is hardly the same level we expect , but ..... I hope Brands or somebody is asking the question are we getting the best out of our Academy / u23 ?

I promised to give you a little update on how Antony Evans performed for SC Paderborn 07 in the Bundesliga.
Well he had 6 appearances since he arrived in January, 2 as a starter.
After he arrived, he obviously needed to get used to Bundesliga pace and the style of playing of the club, which might be quite different from what he was used to before. After some players of the squad were struggling and there were some injuries he then after the long break got the chance to get some game time.
And I have to say some of what I saw was pretty promising. Especially his set pieces, his technique and his precise passing caught my attention. He had some trouble with the pace of the game sometimes and therefore unnecessarily lost the ball, but that's what I would consider normal for a young player like him.
Unfortunately at that time we were already pretty hopelessly lost in the battle for the 16th place an about to relegate for 2. Bundesliga. And that's where we are now.
From my point of view I hope Evans will stay with us for the next season since he has some promising skills to bring to the table and i think he might play a good role in the 2. Bundesliga since the pace of the game is slower than in the Bundesliga. However there where rumours in the local newspaper that our manager is willing to sell him this summer. Let's see.
All the best for you all and the upcoming season.

Our youth set up must be poor when we cant get a half decent fee for players.

The only thing we can do i suppose is add decent sell on clauses and recoup the money that way.

I'd sell any player over 20 who's still playing U23's. Rotating players between the first team and U23's for depth and fitness is one thing, but anyone 21 or over who spends any entire season on the U23s needs to move down a L1 or L2 side and get professional minutes. Nothing to be gained by playing past 20 in that league.

Watched him half a dozen times and couldn't quite see why he was being lauded as one for the future. More a Kevin Kilbane than an Andre Kanchelskis

Everton midfielder Tyler Onyango has signed a first professional contract with the Club, penning a three-year deal until the end of June 2023.

The 17-year-old, who joined the Blues aged eight, has been rewarded for his impressive progress throughout his time at Everton Academy.

Having consistently shone for Everton’s Under-18s team, Onyango was promoted to the Blues’ Under-23s set-up during the 2019/20 campaign.

A skilful, athletic central midfielder who boasts a tireless work-ethic and eye for goal, Onyango played in seven Premier League 2 matches before the campaign was ended early due to the coronavirus pandemic.

His development was further underlined by his selection in two of the young Blues’ Leasing.com Trophy games in 2019/20.

Onyango featured in matches against Crewe Alexandra and Fleetwood Town in the competition, which sees David Unsworth’s side test themselves against senior opposition.

Luton-born Onyango is a current England Under-17 international.

Everton midfielder Tyler Onyango has signed a first professional contract with the Club, penning a three-year deal until the end of June 2023.

The 17-year-old, who joined the Blues aged eight, has been rewarded for his impressive progress throughout his time at Everton Academy.

Having consistently shone for Everton’s Under-18s team, Onyango was promoted to the Blues’ Under-23s set-up during the 2019/20 campaign.

A skilful, athletic central midfielder who boasts a tireless work-ethic and eye for goal, Onyango played in seven Premier League 2 matches before the campaign was ended early due to the coronavirus pandemic.

His development was further underlined by his selection in two of the young Blues’ Leasing.com Trophy games in 2019/20.

Onyango featured in matches against Crewe Alexandra and Fleetwood Town in the competition, which sees David Unsworth’s side test themselves against senior opposition.

Luton-born Onyango is a current England Under-17 international.

....this lad certainly hasn’t gone ‘under the radar’ for more than one reason. I suppose he’s the one most talked about so fingers crossed and the very best of luck to him.

....this lad certainly hasn’t gone ‘under the radar’ for more than one reason. I suppose he’s the one most talked about so fingers crossed and the very best of luck to him.

It's a relief he's signed a contract. There's always that doubt until he puts pen to paper, and sides were sniffing around him. Onyango and Dobbin are very well thought of.

It's a relief he's signed a contract. There's always that doubt until he puts pen to paper, and sides were sniffing around him. Onyango and Dobbin are very well thought of.
He has a lot of the attributes that we are desperately lacking in the first team. Shame he isn't a year or two older.

Hopefully Dobbin will also be used quite a bit with the u23s this year.

I was hoping we'd see them training with the 1sts for these last couple of weeks but suppose they might be on a break.
Hopefully get them involved in a brief pre-season at some point.

I was hoping we'd see them training with the 1sts for these last couple of weeks but suppose they might be on a break.
Hopefully get them involved in a brief pre-season at some point.

Remember when Moysey used to have the first team and the ressies training at the same time. Is it a surprise we’ve stopped promoting as many since we stopped this way of doing things?