Everton Youth Teams Thread

EFL Trophy is set for a new name after being called the Checkatrade trophy for 4 years... It's now called the Leasing.com Trophy

EVERTON U23S Leasing.com Trophy DRAW

Away to Mansfield on 27th August 7.45ko

Away to Burton on the 1st October 7.45ko

And Crewe TBC
Can Broadhead play against us? or he can't like in the league?

There's nothing wrong with our production of youngsters into the first team, they just never seem to kick on and make the step up. Even barkley is worse than when he first came onto the scene.

Look at the other top zoe clubs and they produce close to zilch, it's just that one player really kicks on and plays to a good standard.

City? Haven't really produced much, foden and iheanacho aside. Both have /did well at city.

RS? Sterling and Alexander - Arnold the only really ones

... And it goes on. As far as academy players playing in the league, they're nowhere near us. But look at the list of how those players have gone on compared to browning, Galloway, Pennington etc.

There's nothing wrong with our production of youngsters into the first team, they just never seem to kick on and make the step up. Even barkley is worse than when he first came onto the scene.

Look at the other top zoe clubs and they produce close to zilch, it's just that one player really kicks on and plays to a good standard.

City? Haven't really produced much, foden and iheanacho aside. Both have /did well at city.

RS? Sterling and Alexander - Arnold the only really ones

... And it goes on. As far as academy players playing in the league, they're nowhere near us. But look at the list of how those players have gone on compared to browning, Galloway, Pennington etc.
Even then Iheanacho and Sterling were both stars when City/RS brought them in.

f the academy was just fine we would have players coming through to the first team.
As it is we have davies ,who has stagnated and gibson who is there by necessity rather than choice.
I don't consider DCL as an Academy product.
I don't know the numbers(I am sure some poster will have the stats) but for all the talk of how we give youngsters a chance I am sure we are well down the list number wise of how many academy products we have in our first team squad
As I said ,the academy is not fine,
Its fine if winning the PL 2 is our ambition ,but if our ambition is to produce regular first team gametime for the youngsters than its failing badly
I disagree. We’re not going to be an endless conveyor belt of top class talent and if you use that as an expectation then you’ll always be disappointed. The academy should produce players good enough to play in our first team, and players who make us money through sales. It’s doing both of things.

You also can’t really blame Davies stagnating on the academy. They can only get the players in a position to be moved up. Once they have been, it’s out of their hands what happens.

I disagree. We’re not going to be an endless conveyor belt of top class talent and if you use that as an expectation then you’ll always be disappointed. The academy should produce players good enough to play in our first team, and players who make us money through sales. It’s doing both of things.

You also can’t really blame Davies stagnating on the academy. They can only get the players in a position to be moved up. Once they have been, it’s out of their hands what happens.
I said earlier if we got one first team player every 3 years I’d be happy
That would give us 4 in the squad over a 12 yr period (20-32 )
I can see Brands making major changes to the academy set up once the first team squad is sorted ( hopefully next summer ) and only needs 1-2 players every year

I said earlier if we got one first team player every 3 years I’d be happy
That would give us 4 in the squad over a 12 yr period (20-32 )
I can see Brands making major changes to the academy set up once the first team squad is sorted ( hopefully next summer ) and only needs 1-2 players every year
It’s pretty much done that though, and you’re still saying it’s not doing it’s job? Rodwell, Barkley, Davies are definites over the last 11 years, there’s an argument that kenny could be included too. If moyes or Koeman had been manager then Duffy would probably be one too, but he didn’t fit martinez’s Style and so his premier league career has come elsewhere. If you don’t count them then we only need 1 more to join the squad by next season for us to be achieving exactly what you say you’d be happy with. So why are you arguing that it’s failing?

I saw Lavery’s goals get a mention on Sky and watched his solo goal later , a well taken left foot curler. For all the criticism of our Academy and whether we produce enough first teamers I’ve always thought about the “ added value” we give a player and Lavery’s goal reminded me of that. Years ago there was a clip of the right footed Antony Evans and Lavery continually practising shooting with their weaker left foot. It certainly paid off last night, Made at Everton that goal lol

Next u23s league game is away to 2nd placed Arsenal u23s on friday night with 7pm ko, They usually dont show games Live, next u18s game in league is home to west brom saturday morning at 11.30am.
Now 3rd placed Arsenal v 8th placed Everton tonight with us looking for our 1st goal and win against a team that have 2 wins from 2 games, Game is not Live as i thought, plus the u18s game tomorrow is us looking for revenge for been knocked out the cup last season by west brom and also they stoped our winning streak at the start of last season,usually quite a few goals in this match

7pm ko

EVERTON U23S
Hansen, Kyle John, Foulds, Astley, Fenney (c), Joe Anderson, Markelo, Connolly, Gordon, Charsley, Evans.
Subs Barrett, Iversen, Denny, Mampala, Simms

Arsenal U23s
Hein; Swanson, Holding, Clarke, Bola; Burton, Smith Rowe; Coyle, John-Jules, Saka; Balogun.
Subs Hillson, Olowu, McEneff, Olayinka, Tormey

7pm ko

EVERTON U23S
Hansen, Kyle John, Foulds, Astley, Fenney (c), Joe Anderson, Markelo, Connolly, Gordon, Charsley, Evans.
Subs Barrett, Iversen, Denny, Mampala, Simms

Arsenal U23s
Hein; Swanson, Holding, Clarke, Bola; Burton, Smith Rowe; Coyle, John-Jules, Saka; Balogun.
Subs Hillson, Olowu, McEneff, Olayinka, Tormey

Weird line up, is it 3-7-0