Everton Youth Teams Thread

This was the u23s team yesterday v wigan u23s

Everton

Tyrer, Martina, Pennington, Gibson, John, Markelo, Baningime, Adeniran, Denny, Evans, Simms.

Subs: Hansen (GK), Feeney, Astley, Hornby, Mampala, Phillips, Anderson, Ouzounidis

Premier League u23s International Cup draw

GROUP D

EVERTON
SWANSEA
PORTO
PSV Eindhoven

FULL DRAW

Group A – Arsenal, Leicester City, GNK Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia) & Villarreal CF (Spain)

Group B – Brighton & Hove Albion, West Ham United, Valencia CF (Spain) & VfL Wolfsburg (Germany)

Group C – Rovers, Newcastle United, SL Benfica (Portugal) & Hertha BSC (Germany)

Group D – Everton, Swansea City, FC Porto (Portugal) & PSV Eindhoven (Holland)

Group E – Liverpool, Wolverhampton Wanderers, Athletic Club Bilbao (Spain) & Paris Saint-Germain (France)

Group F – Derby County, Southampton, AS Monaco (France) & Feyenoord Rotterdam (Holland)

EFL Trophy is set for a new name after being called the Checkatrade trophy for 4 years... It's now called the Leasing.com Trophy

EVERTON U23S Leasing.com Trophy DRAW

Away to Mansfield on 27th August 7.45ko

Away to Burton on the 1st October 7.45ko

And Crewe TBC

....as far as I know, the Championship window closes today. Same rules as PL, they can sell players abroad until the end of the month.
I've just read somewhere (Somerset Live of all places) that championship teams can still do normal loan deals for upto 7 days after the window shuts. Sorry but I'm crap at linking stuff.

How reliable this is I've no idea but I guess we'll find out soon. I know last year we loaned out Besic to Boro and Bolasie to Villa after the deadline day.

Virginia at Reading as well may find his time limited as they signed a brazil keeper on Tuesday though hes 29 and does not look like hes played to much over the last so many years years,so maybe that brazil keeper is the back up to Virginia or he will play with having some experience

Well its finally here,its not just the prem league that is starting,but the u18s/u23s league returns this week,and Everton u18s begin there season against the reigning defending champions Derby Academy home at Finch Farm with an 11.30am ko tomorrow-derby on there way to winning the league only lost 3 games, 2 of which were v us, while on Monday at 7pm as said in this Thread Everton u23s are home to Leicester u23s and that game is LIVE on Leicester's website - [maybe a fee sign up needed but still ok for those that have from last season]

Is anyone else surprised at the lack of recruitment below first team level so far under Brands? I know that previously there has been a separate budget for U23 recruitment but apart from Virginia there hasn't been much activity in that respect over the last few windows. Has responsibility for that been taken away from Unsworth/Hoyland who seemed to have some autonomy before?

Is anyone else surprised at the lack of recruitment below first team level so far under Brands? I know that previously there has been a separate budget for U23 recruitment but apart from Virginia there hasn't been much activity in that respect over the last few windows. Has responsibility for that been taken away from Unsworth/Hoyland who seemed to have some autonomy before?

probably because they cant buy any u18s they dont see the point with an already bloated squad.