Match Thread Everton vs Ruzemberok, Thursday 27th July, 8.05pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players who impressed me last night -
Keane [won everything in the air and looked composed on the ball], Sandro [really quickened up the pace when he came on], Gueye [looked fully fit already and was brilliant], Schneiderlin [I think he's great, good in the tackle and calm on the ball]

Players who didn't impress me last night -
Williams [sloppy, looks unfit], Martina [looked very much like a third-rate right back], Mirallas [no end product as per]

Meh -
Stekelenberg [one good save, one mistake], Baines [needs help on the left, lucky on the goal but at least he got the strike away], Rooney [I am desperate for him to be a squad player and not an automatic starter], DCL [do not understand how he plays so much], Klaassen [should have scored and looks quite slow, but did ok for a first game and had some nice touches]

No, I still have one or two of their notes (I collect notes from all countries I visit...I'm a bit of a numismatist). They are called Koruna's. Mind you, it was 1997 I was last there so they may have changed.
Lovely country and people and very good looking women who are not at all parsimonious with dispensing 'favours' (nudge nudge wink wink!)

What! And you haven't gone there again? Why not?

I'm concerned about how we haven't replaced lukaku yet. Williams fitness is concerning
Where is rooney best position

New signings look good
Klassen
Keane
Sandro

Pickford should be good

50 for sig is shocking business when we need pace and magic

I'm concerned about how we haven't replaced lukaku yet. Williams fitness is concerning
Where is rooney best position

New signings look good
Klassen
Keane
Sandro

Pickford should be good

50 for sig is shocking business when we need pace and magic

Gylfi has magic in abundance.

Sandro and Lookman have the pace.

Mahrez wouldn't be a bad option at all, but I'd say Leicester would demand just as much as Swansea are for Gylfi.

we won and yeah it wasn't the greatest performance, they parked the bus and are 4 games into their season. we
arnt fully fit yet. lot more to come from us yet, I don't understand the negativity

also thought Sandro looks some player, wait till he's fit and starts. be totally different up top then

Didn't get to see the game today. Seems a very mixed review on here. Can I get a completely over the top positive review and another equally over the top negative review so that I can form my opinion of how we played?
You did not miss much a disjointed performance with a deflected goal to win - and surprisingly the Stek kept us in the tie - it was very similar to our away performances last season - early days , but we had no goal threat need a goalscorer early days not match fit etc - need time to gel etc

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
Gana Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Rooney Sigurdsson
Sandro

Holgate and Baines over lapping to provide some width. With Sandro's pace and movement and the passing through balls from Klaassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson, I can see that doing a bit of damage. For me that's the 11 for Stoke. We simply have to purchase Gylfi​

Fareplay to Ruzembergo they dug in and have it their all. Making the next leg exciting and something to look forward to. Most monumental game of the season next week bigger than the group games.

Status
Not open for further replies.