Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is right.

We are at the start of a rebuilding job. The squad needs a full revamp.
Early days yet and Marco has a lot of work to do.

I just do not know where this internet wave of optimism came from?
Because Richy looks dynamite?

As today showed, without him we are exactly the same as a Sam or Ron team.

Thing is, so are West Ham - I think that is what makes it so disappointing. They turned up without a point on the board with two difficult games to come, so the pressure was really on for them to get a result, and they did, with ease. They have the same issue of integrating new players, into a new system, for many in a new league, with a new manager. You could say after five games we're still ahead in terms of looking at the table. Question is whether yesterday was a one-off or the Silva honeymoon is well and truly over and there are big problems to be sorted? Not sure I can answer that at the moment, guess the next few weeks will tell.

Also think Silva is using a system set-up for the players he brought in, most of whom are yet to have a run in the team... we'll see.

Thing is, so are West Ham - I think that is what makes it so disappointing. They turned up without a point on the board with two difficult games to come, so the pressure was really on for them to get a result, and they did, with ease. They have the same issue of integrating new players, into a new system, for many in a new league, with a new manager. You could say after five games we're still ahead in terms of looking at the table. Question is whether yesterday was a one-off or the Silva honeymoon is well and truly over and there are big problems to be sorted? Not sure I can answer that at the moment, guess the next few weeks will tell.

Also think Silva is using a system set-up for the players he brought in, most of whom are yet to have a run in the team... we'll see.
If what we have been served up already was seen as Silvas honeymoon then I am greatly worried for the rest of the season.

We look out of sorts.

There is something truly rotten at the CORE of our beloved club.

I was going to say, HEART, but we don't seem to have one.

You would say yes except we were as poor against Huddersfield. The WH lads looked better defensively, the kid in midfield was head and shoulders above Everton players and they looked lively and dangerous going forward. We didn't.
Before k.o some were calling West Ham the WORST team in the league.
What does that make us then?
The simple issue for me is that we are still using Ron players and they haven't performed well enough for 2 years.
Marco needs his 11 and we are 2 or 3 transfer windows away from that.
The Richy factor got some fans excited and it is at their own folly.
So much work still to be done. 18 months I reckon before we should be getting excited.
Before then we will win some, lose some, draw some we should win!

Just seen extendd highlights:

- 1st goal caught too high
- 2nd goal horrendously casual pass out and then horrendous defending not showing a pure left-footer down the outside
- Masuaka red card easy
- Siggy brilliant header for the goal
- Possible penalty on Sig?
- 3rd goal Holgate naive
- Digne pings a great cross in
- Niasse unlucky, couldn't really get above the ball he hit the crossbar with
- I liked the subs
- Bernard looks classy

He should be playing a system for the players he has at his disposal!!

It's going to be a season like the majority of those over the last 25-odd years. We'll win about 12 games, and draw about 13 games. We'll finish between 7th to 11th and we won't go deep into either cup competition...

...but hopefully next season...

Right, I've got passed fumming about this result now and can see the bigger picture. We all knew going into this season that it was going to be a tough transition and things wouldn't change overnight.

I think most of us accepted that we'd be looking at a top ten finish this year but with a more positive playing style would be ok and anything better would be a bonus. Well we'll almost certainly do that. Things weren't ever going to change within a couple of months after over four years of the trash we've played.

Stop the screaming hyperbole for a second and embrace reality. We're mid-table mediocrity incarnate and it's going to take two to three years to make us anything better then that. We aren't going to get relegated, say it with me people: WE. AREN'T. GOING. TO. GET. RELEGATED.

We don't have Man City style money so if you ever want us to be anything better then what we currently are, you'd best accept the fact that a slow and somewhat tedious building project is the only way to go about it. If we continue down this road of demanding instant success and calling for sweeping changes after every bad result, then not only will we stagnate at best, but we run the very real risk of going even further backwards which could lead to the possibility of a REAL relegation battle.

We really need to show patience right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.