Match Thread Everton v West Ham United (Sunday 16th Sept 4.00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As demoralising as the result was, I don’t actually think it was as bad as some fans are making out.

We created more than enough chances to win the game and started brightly until the first goal.

Say what you want about West Ham, but in Arnautovic, Felipe Anderson and Yarmolenko you have a good, seasoned front three who can hurt teams when they’re on their day.

However, they all have a ceiling.

What I like about our recruitment over the summer is that we have brought in young, exciting players who very well may make the step up. Richarlison, Mina and Digne are three players who could really take us forward in the next few years.

I also feel that we need to take a step backwards to take two steps forwards; embed this new system and style of play at all costs. It won’t be perfect at first, but when it works, we’ll be playing some fantastic football and gaining the results to match it.

Finally, the one word I would underline in all of this is PATIENCE. Marco Silva needs to be supported by every man, woman and child who calls themselves an Evertonian. We need a period of stability and time for him to shape the team into what he wants. He’s doing it at the moment with players from past managers’ eras.

Wait until he has all the new boys in the team and firing, plus the next couple of windows and we can then really see what we’re made of.

The team is dysfunctional because above all the midfield is crap and un-creative. Sure we missed Robles on Saturday..think about that..
and Holgate showed just as he did all last season that he is not strong enough to be a central defender plus playing DCL on the wing is proven
crap. But for me the midfield is the area of greatest concern. No creativity, no passing, no goals, and a bad mix of average players.
We have no threat in the middle of the park.

Tosun is a goalscorer but his confidence is shot. Bernard, Richarlison, Walcott all have to start because they have pace and are good players
but Andres Gomez better be top notch because the current midfielders are poor.

The team is dysfunctional because above all the midfield is crap and un-creative. Sure we missed Robles on Saturday..think about that..
and Holgate showed just as he did all last season that he is not strong enough to be a central defender plus playing DCL on the wing is proven
crap. But for me the midfield is the area of greatest concern. No creativity, no passing, no goals, and a bad mix of average players.
We have no threat in the middle of the park.

Tosun is a goalscorer but his confidence is shot. Bernard, Richarlison, Walcott all have to start because they have pace and are good players
but Andres Gomez better be top notch because the current midfielders are poor.

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.