Match Thread Everton v West Ham United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to single out any player but the team as a whole stunk Goodison out so much you could smell it more than Fazakerley water treatment plant and the Sandon Dock put together. I'm not sure how you move on from this but at least we're almost clear of relegation.

I'm now an Everton fan for life thus I'll support the team regardless of the results, but it would be nice if in 2025 we are winning instead of loosing

Exactly ten years ago, we lost 2-0 to Stoke on New Years Day. It was an awful performance, but we always felt that a bit of extra money and a couple of new faces would drastically improve the situation.

Save for Martinez' 1st season (2013/14) and this autumn, literally nothing has changed in a decade since that defeat to a Potters side that bore many similarities to tonight's WHU team.

In short, we are utterly fetid turd who only turn up once relegation is a possibility. I regret ever supporting this club, but it's too late to quit. Like Spud in trainspotting, I can't go back. I'm too far gone.

With middle age and high blood pressure (created by EFC) just around the corner, and my love of processed meat, continental cheeses and single malt utterly incurable, I'm not going to make 50.

My money's on an instant cardiac around 48 ish, probably during our next derby win knowing my luck - everything will just go black. Not a bad way to go. No pain, no time to regret living a healthier lifestyle or choosing a less-stressful team.

I've already made peace with that, but I'd like to win a sodding trophy before then! But it's out of the question, because we're a loser club. End of.

Really needed a result today. Got Wolves away next and find it hard to see us getting anything there if we don't buckle up. Then the Cazoo derby at Villa Park which won't be easy either.

Really needed a result today. Got Wolves away next and find it hard to see us getting anything there if we don't buckle up. Then the Cazoo derby at Villa Park which won't be easy either.
The noise will be deafening

We had a lot of creative player's given minutes tonight but never looked like scoring. We barely had a shot on goal.

I can't say I was impressed by the performance in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.